Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

I have been somewhat slacking this week... for sure. We had a lot going on, getting a new state law passed in honor my brother who passed, and then I went to NYC over the weekend. I haven't really been eating terrible but the exercise dropped off for a week or so there. Ugh... back at it today, I just did the 30 day shred today for 20 mins.

I can tell a huge difference in my appetite in general. I mean I used to easily be able to eat a 12" sub from Subway by myself (and chips and a cookie and a soda lol) and now I barely get thru a 6" and a half of a bag of baked chips before I'm feeling completely stuffed. Same thing my dad got me a little tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream the other day as my cheat cheat and I took like maybe 6 bites and started being like ugh full, can't even imagine eating half the tub let alone the full one. So I know my stomach has shrunk and I don't really crave bad things anymore. I had a diet dr. pepper in NY and the rest of the time, I got water.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Play that funky music.

I'm having a really rough time finding food that is cheap, can last the week, and won't go bad... that I actually want to eat. Rick and I can use $40 (sometimes a bit more, depending on work) per week on food. He is a larger person and eats more than I, so usually he'll spend about $25-30 and I'll spend $15-20. Any ideas? This entire week I've had nachos for dinner (chips are cheap and the cheese was on mega-sale, we make our own salsa) and usually a rice cake with peanut butter around noon and that's it for the day. As you can imagine, I feel absolutely horrible.

Any ideas? No meat. Nothing with high fructose corn syrup or other artificial sweeteners. No pineapple, kiwi, or papaya.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Play that funky music.

As a positive, we have been much more active lately! The weather is finally nice, and both of us want to be outside desperately. It's awesome! We found this dude in our adventures yesterday:

Ringneck! As you can see, he pooped on Rick, lol
Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Active Pup

Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Play that funky music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I'm having a really rough time finding food that is cheap, can last the week, and won't go bad... that I actually want to eat. Rick and I can use $40 (sometimes a bit more, depending on work) per week on food. He is a larger person and eats more than I, so usually he'll spend about $25-30 and I'll spend $15-20. Any ideas? This entire week I've had nachos for dinner (chips are cheap and the cheese was on mega-sale, we make our own salsa) and usually a rice cake with peanut butter around noon and that's it for the day. As you can imagine, I feel absolutely horrible.

Any ideas? No meat. Nothing with high fructose corn syrup or other artificial sweeteners. No pineapple, kiwi, or papaya.
Forgot to mention, I can't eat grains frequently or I get ill. No rice at all, whole grain pasta once every other week or so is okay. Help?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Are you looking for proteins? Or what type of food are you looking for?

Do you eat fish?

I use a lot of canned tuna as a protein supplement because it's cheap and easy. There are a lot that's about 1.50-2 per can, 30 grams of lean protein.

What about coconut, almond or quinoa flour so you can make some home made bread type products?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Play that funky music.

No fish. Fish is still meat.

Just general ideas. I'm very much in a food rut.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

All my progress? being totally undone this weekend lol. Went to Phillips in Baltimores inner harbor today and I got the fried seafood platter lol. mmmm crabcake, fried shrimp, fried flounder and FRIES. GAH lol at least I walked around for about 3 hours today and more hours tomorrow but still haha.

Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.

G.K. Chesterton
Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator. Walt Disney

Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Beans are great and you can incorporate them in almost any meal.

Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.

G.K. Chesterton
Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator. Walt Disney

Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

A big pot of white beans (navy or great northern) or red beans (kidney).

Do you eat seafood, such as shrimp?

Soups: veggie, French onion