Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Top Dog

Marsh's first session on the wall. He's had one session on a book propped up against the wall before this.

I couldn't see it at the time, but I know his front is too far away. But I think his lift gets better over the course of the session.

Any critique?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM
The Monster.

Great work! I'm by no means an expert, but I'd want his head to be more between his front legs. I would adjust where you're either positioning yourself or where you're holding the treats to get the proper head position. I also like that you're treating in position. Keep it up!

Here's my recent video of our training. I'm posting it to show my struggles trying to get Cohen's head tucked under properly after way too many repetitions of allowing her head to poke too far forward. There's a few good repetitions at 0:30 and 1:10.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

Another video. I'm not sure if we're making progress or not? His form is shot to hell, but he appears to be lifting more on his own and not using the wall as much. Probably I should go back and insist on better form, lifting straight up with his back rather than swinging around with his sides.