Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

No, but I was two when my brother was born (and a few weeks after I got my first dog) and I was four when my sister was born so I guess I wasn't alone enough, but I didn't realize they were so common or normal. That's pretty cool!! I kind of wish I'd had one now.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I'm with blue. You guys are my imaginary friends

A tangent to this - about 8 years or so ago, my girls got very in to "Annie". My older daughter had been in the school production of it and we had the movie (from 1980, not the Disney one) on DVD which they watched endlessly.

Coming out of this Annie obsession was that they played "Orphan" a lot. It was a game where they pretended they lived in the orphanage like Annie did. One of my friends asked when observing their game if it bothered us that my kid's fantasy play was predicated on the fact that I was dead. Changed the whole dynamic. Been watching those two ever since
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I suppose technically you could say I still have imaginary friends, but the word for them these days is "head people." They don't interact with me or usually things going on in my life, just with each other. And what happens in their own lives. Characters for my stories who live in my head and like to pop up at the most inopportune times - usually when it's completely impossible to write ANYTHING down.

A few weeks ago I was in the shower and they started talking and it was kind of panic to get out of the shower, run to my laptop, and start hammering down everything before I forgot what was going on.

It's weird.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Top Dog

Never imaginary friends (and I was an only child until 10), but I did have an active imagination. I used to play in my room for hours with my Barbies, and toys, and dolls, etc, and make them talk to each other, etc. I was very good at entertaining myself lol.

Once I discovered my dads giant video camera, I used to make movies with them too. Like I would put my Barbie on the table, tape for a split second, stop the camera, move the Barbie barely an inch, tape for a split second again, and then by the end, I made the Barbie 'walk' LOL. I was very into techy stuff from the beginning

My friends and I used to pretend we were other people all the time and we played 'house' where one of us was mom, dad, sister, brother, etc, and we would pretend we were older than we really were. I remember I always wanted to be 12 - I thought that was sooo much older and such a cool age We played 'school' a lot too, as much as I hated the real thing, we loved playing teacher and stuff.

I was also obsessed with Backstreet Boys and me and my friends would dress up like them and make music videos. Oh lord those are entertaining.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

I had an imaginary sister growing up... who stuck around until about the time I hit puberty. When we moved to the US I would speak "English" with her - in reality I wasn't really speaking any language. I remember sitting in my closet speaking what I thought was english.
I also called myself Hannah for a while for reason... my imaginary sister changed names ever so often.
I had a pretty vivid imagination as a kid though
Oh - and I am an only child..

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Hannah doesn't really have an imaginary friend but all her stuffed animals are alive to her.
Oooooh, this for me, too. I had to sleep with them in rotations because otherwise they'd become offended. And if I put any of them into storage, I had to explain to them why I was doing so, and that I still loved them. Not to mention when my mom made me give some away due to the fact that I had SO MANY.

I also would do that with my animal figuring toys. I had an entire WORLD in my head devoted to their playtime. How they interacted, how the world worked, the terrain, the back stories, the neighboring towns...everything was thought out. Sometimes the animals were animals, but intelligent beings, in a world ruled by people. Sometimes they were races of their own.

I really miss being "too old" to play with my toys. It was so much fun. Now I guess I just spin stories in my head.

ETA: I most certainly am NOT an only child (have four other siblings, I'm the second oldest) and I grew up with multiple dogs, a cat, and various pocket pets.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Oooooh, this for me, too. I had to sleep with them in rotations because otherwise they'd become offended. And if I put any of them into storage, I had to explain to them why I was doing so, and that I still loved them. Not to mention when my mom made me give some away due to the fact that I had SO MANY.

Ha! I did the same thing. And if one fell off in the middle of the night, oh boy, I thought they were MAD! I also had a lot of china dolls my grandmother collected for me. I turned them around each night so they couldnt see me sleeping with my stuffed animals. I was convinced they would get jealous and kill me in my sleep
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Ha! I did the same thing. And if one fell off in the middle of the night, oh boy, I thought they were MAD! I also had a lot of china dolls my grandmother collected for me. I turned them around each night so they couldnt see me sleeping with my stuffed animals. I was convinced they would get jealous and kill me in my sleep
This is so me! I still can't put away 2 of my favorits. I turn 22 this month.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DID WITH MY IMAGINARY HORSES!

e
Thank god, I thought I was weird til I read this thread lol.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Ho ho ho off.

No people, but tons of pets. From dogs to dragons.

I used to ride dragons all over the place

However, I'm struggling to get past the hidden cameras being filmed bit omg!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein