Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Glutton for Crazy

My friend with Sloans aunt wears a special vest, does that ring a bell for disc doggers?

Also his mom has special thigh guards she uses in Flyball from dogs starting on her lap, I can ask but I think they're from her dancing days when she was touring in some crazy stunt dancing shows.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Twin 2

My thighs/stomach/chest/face are just starting to recover from teaching the rebound. I'm still hesitating on the vault because it's scary.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Sara/Jess, you guys need to let me know when the big, awesome competitions are so that I can request off and come cheer you guys on!!!

Also...I need to really get started on working with Siri in a more serious manner...

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Top Dog

I"m sure underarmour makes something that would work. I know the make a lot of baseball and hockey under gear that has padding sewn into the thigh area. Otherwise there are also neoprene thigh sleeves that would help.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Sara/Jess, you guys need to let me know when the big, awesome competitions are so that I can request off and come cheer you guys on!!!

Also...I need to really get started on working with Siri in a more serious manner...
Send me your email and I'll add you to the google calendar I made of disc dog events
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Top Dog

This looks like such a blast! I wish Elsie were willing to do this, but she's so reluctant to touch people with her paws I'm not sure she'd enjoy it (normally I like that she's really aware of herself, buuut, lol).
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Puppy Dog

Inspired by this thread, I purchased 5x blem hero air discs off of Amazon and am getting Gypsy interested. So far, so good. She loves jumping and catching them, though she's vastly limited by my crap throwing ability. Ha ha.

Maan, I'd love to try those vaults, but with Gyp at ~43 lbs, I think I'd kill myself.

Are there any sites with, like, "move"/technique and training suggestions? Right now we're working on catching and dropping on cue, close up and distantly. Gypsy likes to take a victory lap after catching anything, so I'm trying to get her to knock that off and refocus immediately on me.

GYPSY, border collie & Australian shepherd mix, 1/10/10
Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
My friend with Sloans aunt wears a special vest, does that ring a bell for disc doggers?

Also his mom has special thigh guards she uses in Flyball from dogs starting on her lap, I can ask but I think they're from her dancing days when she was touring in some crazy stunt dancing shows.
Ya, I have a DK vaulting vest. I would love to hear about the thigh guards! I had my physical last year right after we started vaults. It was tough work to convince the doctor that I wasn't being abused by my husband with all the bruises on my thighs!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten&Gypsy View Post
Inspired by this thread, I purchased 5x blem hero air discs off of Amazon and am getting Gypsy interested. So far, so good. She loves jumping and catching them, though she's vastly limited by my crap throwing ability. Ha ha.

Maan, I'd love to try those vaults, but with Gyp at ~43 lbs, I think I'd kill myself.

Are there any sites with, like, "move"/technique and training suggestions? Right now we're working on catching and dropping on cue, close up and distantly. Gypsy likes to take a victory lap after catching anything, so I'm trying to get her to knock that off and refocus immediately on me.
I'm on my phone, but I know I've linked to the pawsitive vybe youtube channel a bit in this thread. They are really the go to people for online videos. Everything from foundation work, to drops on cue, to throws and fancy things like vaults.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one bruised and scratched!

I don't know what was up with Talon today, but man he was springy! Honestly, he is not really a jumper. Some dogs are naturally springy, but Talon has never jumped on anyone without encouragment or on anything without encouragement really. He's not springy! But today, he was springy! Random jumping into me was oh so suprising lol

Funny thing, I think it hurt a LOT less with Talon jumping off me than Art! Talon weighs almost twice as much as Art, how is this even possible?

IDK, but I was kinda excited. Frisbee training has been kinda bad as it's been super windy here. I don't mind the rain, we enjoy it as no one is using the park, but the wind is impossible. >_<

Also.....this is what we are going to go to!

https://www.facebook.com/events/532236540143328/

! Yay! Should be fun We are really not expecting much honestly, and probably won't be working hard as he is still young, but I thought it would be neat to have fun and get use to the atmospher Any tips?