Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

My friend with Sloans aunt wears a special vest, does that ring a bell for disc doggers?

Also his mom has special thigh guards she uses in Flyball from dogs starting on her lap, I can ask but I think they're from her dancing days when she was touring in some crazy stunt dancing shows.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,691
Default

My thighs/stomach/chest/face are just starting to recover from teaching the rebound. I'm still hesitating on the vault because it's scary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,576
Default

Sara/Jess, you guys need to let me know when the big, awesome competitions are so that I can request off and come cheer you guys on!!!

Also...I need to really get started on working with Siri in a more serious manner...
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,041
Default

I"m sure underarmour makes something that would work. I know the make a lot of baseball and hockey under gear that has padding sewn into the thigh area. Otherwise there are also neoprene thigh sleeves that would help.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Dex's Avatar
Dex Dex is offline
Big Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Sara/Jess, you guys need to let me know when the big, awesome competitions are so that I can request off and come cheer you guys on!!!

Also...I need to really get started on working with Siri in a more serious manner...
Send me your email and I'll add you to the google calendar I made of disc dog events
__________________
Check us out on Facebook and Instagram!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Red.Apricot's Avatar
Red.Apricot Red.Apricot is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,699
Default

This looks like such a blast! I wish Elsie were willing to do this, but she's so reluctant to touch people with her paws I'm not sure she'd enjoy it (normally I like that she's really aware of herself, buuut, lol).
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Kirsten&Gypsy's Avatar
Kirsten&Gypsy Kirsten&Gypsy is offline
Puppy Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 59
Default

Inspired by this thread, I purchased 5x blem hero air discs off of Amazon and am getting Gypsy interested. So far, so good. She loves jumping and catching them, though she's vastly limited by my crap throwing ability. Ha ha.

Maan, I'd love to try those vaults, but with Gyp at ~43 lbs, I think I'd kill myself.

Are there any sites with, like, "move"/technique and training suggestions? Right now we're working on catching and dropping on cue, close up and distantly. Gypsy likes to take a victory lap after catching anything, so I'm trying to get her to knock that off and refocus immediately on me.
__________________


GYPSY, border collie & Australian shepherd mix, 1/10/10
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
My friend with Sloans aunt wears a special vest, does that ring a bell for disc doggers?

Also his mom has special thigh guards she uses in Flyball from dogs starting on her lap, I can ask but I think they're from her dancing days when she was touring in some crazy stunt dancing shows.
Ya, I have a DK vaulting vest. I would love to hear about the thigh guards! I had my physical last year right after we started vaults. It was tough work to convince the doctor that I wasn't being abused by my husband with all the bruises on my thighs!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten&Gypsy View Post
Inspired by this thread, I purchased 5x blem hero air discs off of Amazon and am getting Gypsy interested. So far, so good. She loves jumping and catching them, though she's vastly limited by my crap throwing ability. Ha ha.

Maan, I'd love to try those vaults, but with Gyp at ~43 lbs, I think I'd kill myself.

Are there any sites with, like, "move"/technique and training suggestions? Right now we're working on catching and dropping on cue, close up and distantly. Gypsy likes to take a victory lap after catching anything, so I'm trying to get her to knock that off and refocus immediately on me.
I'm on my phone, but I know I've linked to the pawsitive vybe youtube channel a bit in this thread. They are really the go to people for online videos. Everything from foundation work, to drops on cue, to throws and fancy things like vaults.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Babyblue5290's Avatar
Babyblue5290 Babyblue5290 is offline
Happy Meal. Yum.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,973
Default

I'm so glad I'm not the only one bruised and scratched!

I don't know what was up with Talon today, but man he was springy! Honestly, he is not really a jumper. Some dogs are naturally springy, but Talon has never jumped on anyone without encouragment or on anything without encouragement really. He's not springy! But today, he was springy! Random jumping into me was oh so suprising lol

Funny thing, I think it hurt a LOT less with Talon jumping off me than Art! Talon weighs almost twice as much as Art, how is this even possible?

IDK, but I was kinda excited. Frisbee training has been kinda bad as it's been super windy here. I don't mind the rain, we enjoy it as no one is using the park, but the wind is impossible. >_<

Also.....this is what we are going to go to!

https://www.facebook.com/events/532236540143328/


! Yay! Should be fun We are really not expecting much honestly, and probably won't be working hard as he is still young, but I thought it would be neat to have fun and get use to the atmospher Any tips?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site