How I get stamp from USDA for my dog health certificate?

mithch

I am leaving from San Francisco to Hong Kong. The airline told me that I need get a stamp on my dog health certificate before departing. Since the health certificate is only good for 14days before departure, the time is tight. So what is the fastest way get a stamp from USDA? Can I fax it to them?

Saeleofu

Is a health certificate all you need? You should contact your vet, they should be able to get everything sorted out for you. I don't know the regulations for flying into Hong Kong, but to get a dog in to some countries it can take up to 6 months to get everything in order.

I am leaving from San Francisco to Hong Kong. The airline told me that I need get a stamp on my dog health certificate before departing. Since the health certificate is only good for 14days before departure, the time is tight. So what is the fastest way get a stamp from USDA? Can I fax it to them?
Fax (or overnight- call them to ask which they will look at) it to the USDA dept in Sacramento at the following link:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/area_offices/states/california_info.html

They will review and ask for any changes they need. They are STRICT on everything. If it's good to go, you need to call the San Francisco number and see where their closest office is and WHEN they are open. You will need to take the papers (ALL) IN HAND to this office and get them stamped/signed/approved. Again, if they don't like something, you need to re-do. They can even refuse it after the Sacramento office said it looked good. It is all up to the official on that day at that office.

Also make sure you have the necessary paperwork Hong Kong requires. Check with the embassy. This is also signed and approved by your vet.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.