Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
APBT crazy!

I have 3 cats. I would not consider myself that crazy cat lady either as I am more of a dog person really.

But.. I adore my cats!!! I honestly don't want more cats after my 3. They are really special cats and I don't think other cats could compare to them. And they fit in well. On this cat forum I am on others have like 6 plus cats. It's like wtf honestly.

I don't know how they keep their house clean and how bad cat drama could be with other cats.. I couldn't imagine more than 3 (luckily my 3 get along) and I was told it was incorrect grammar by a grammar natzi on there when I said I "only" have 3 cats. I meant to say that because 3 cats isn't that many. Also, many people love my Tiger boy since he is so great with people and even if they are not a cat person they love him. But everyone knows he's my buddy.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:15 PM
such sights to show you

If I absolutely HAD to pick one or the other, I would probably pick dogs, at least at this point in my life.

But man, I love me some kitties.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Bob and Marley are sweet, but they don't stack up to Nuts and Mini... This little gal I rescued from work, I just couldn't leave her.... I'd pop outside and she'd run over and rub on my legs looking up at me purring.... I just felt for her hard....
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Top Dog

I am not a cat person, we have two cats, they are hubby's, I will feed them if no one else has and if o e lays on me it can stay there, but I won't go out of my way to interact with them. Now one is 19-20 years old so he just eats, sleeps and poops, not much else anymore, but as long as he eats the right food he stays healthy. The young one get more than enough attention from our son, the cat choose him as his person.

If it were up to me we would not have any though, I don't understand getting pets that you train to poop inside, but that jmo.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I
If it were up to me we would not have any though, I don't understand getting pets that you train to poop inside, but that jmo.
Don't YOU poop inside?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Top Dog

I'm not a cat person, but I love cats. As I mentioned in Kady's photo thread, I'll probably become a cat hoarder eventually

Even the evil ones are easy to raise and live with. I think of the Squirrelcat as the feline version of a Malinois, but I could take on two more kittens just like her and still be okay. I'll probably always have a cat or two around.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Don't YOU poop inside?
Lmao, ya you got me there, lol, and if could teach them to flush I would probably toilet train them too!

Just thought I would add, I do love MY cats, I just don't go all gooey for other cats is all. Hubby sees a little if kittens on tv and squees, oh look it's an itty bitty kitty committee o.O
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I was like "eww cats!" For like ... Ever since I could remember ... I mean I "liked" cats as an animal like of someone's car wanted to be petted or sit in my lap I would let them ... But as far as having a cat? No I don't think so.

Until I had this one barn cat at the place where I used to work: she was feral, humane trapped at the home owners work that my boss rented the barn from. Poor thing wouldn't come out of the hay barn for like a month, I set up her food & ware in there & that's the way it was for the first months she was there, I would come every morning & fill the food/water & it was always empty so I knew she was eating it.

Until one day I was working & I heard all this comotion in the hay barn, like cats fighting. I run in there to see this huge black/white cat has my cat by the throat & she is killing her (poor thing was gasping & sputtering) so I grab a broom & knock the other cat off ... It ran off & I never saw it again.

After that day that cat was the best friend (aside from a dog) I ever had ... EVER she followed me to every stall I cleaned & would even follow me out to the pastures when I turned horses out ... Bad none she was the best friend I had.

Then one day when it was almost time for me to leave for Houston that year she just disappeared ... Plain & simple, just freaking disappeared, no body, no nothing I never knew that happened to her

Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Yup I'm a cat person. Right now we have the evil black cat. We call her bitch cat. She really is not a nice cat but loves Katie so she is staying. Then we have Thea. Oh Thea, were to begin with her. She was born in the barn, raised by a feral farm cat. I found her laying in the straw at about 6 weeks old, thinking she was dead I picked her up to dispose of her, and nope she wasn't dead but I couldn't figure out why she didn't run away when I came in the barn. She is long haired, pure white and stone deaf. She also has the cat equivalent of down syndrome. Everything she does is done slowly, but she is so gentle and has a really good mothering instinct. Why cant I have a normal cat?

I would love to have a Devon Rex some day though

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 AM
APBT crazy!

What is a normal cat that you speak of? Mine are all characters!