Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Lord Cynical

Is it weird that I keep checking this thread to see if any Chazzers know my favorite celebrity, so that I might discover a way to actually meet him?

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Is it weird that I keep checking this thread to see if any Chazzers know my favorite celebrity, so that I might discover a way to actually meet him?
Not at all.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I was going to say no, but then I realized that might not necessarily be true. I just don't tend to take not of whether a person is famous or not. Adam's dad might be considered well-known, not famous. His uncle is a photographer who might also qualify as well-known.

I've met Art Smith. He catered their holiday party. It was heaven. His personality is just as amazing as his food.

I think I've met a bunch of people that are "famous," I just don't keep tabs.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I met Amber Marshall who plays the lead character on Heartland. She was at a herding trial and even takes lessons from one of the instructors my friends go to with her GSD. She was very nice and sweet, didn't even think she was a big star at all (heartland is super popular here).
That is cool! I watched that show for a while.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

My uncle (through marriage) is a pretty well known author - Andrew Sean Greer. Visiting him once I went out for dinner and drinks with "Lemony Snicket" (totally not his real name) who is a good friend of his. And then my mom bought Lemony Snicket's old car, which I think is pretty funny.

My uncle is also good friends with the dude who plays Ted Moseby in How I Met Your Mother. But I haven't met him.

I think the most exciting one for me was meeting Keiko (the whale from Free Willy) when I was 8. I was so excited!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Top Dog

I have such a hard time recognizing people that if I met a celebrity, I'd probably not know it.

However, when I do meet a dog trainer/behaviorist/whatever that I'm a huge fan of, I get all super nervous and giddy and generally just clam up. I'm so afraid of saying something stupid, that I just don't say anything at all!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Owned by Belgians

I know Kevin Sorbo's uncle. Is that close enough?

http://www.google.com/search?q=kevin...w=1112&bih=653

I also work with the brother of the Reno 911 guy who wore the tight shorts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Reno_cast_v8.jpg

Last edited by BlackPuppy; 04-09-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Backstreet Boys, lol. AJ more than the others. He would know who I was if we ran into each other by name.
Was a time I could say the same about Al Yankovic, but it's been a long time since I've seen him.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Let it be

The closest i have ever gotten to a celebrity encounter was Chad Kroger pet my horse and asked me how I got her to listen with no saddle or bridle when I was a young teenager. Then a couple years later I was an extra in a nickleback video

Considering I really dislike nickleback it was not that great. I don't care about celebs. They are just people though I would crap my pants if I got to meet the author of my favorite books. That man helped me through a very dark time without even knowing it.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

I've met some celebs, but I can't say I really know any on a personal level. Some pro athletes that would be famous among their team's fans. I did do helper work for a Olympic Gold medalist in Track and Field. He still owns the world record I think and his son plays in the NBA, but I never met the son.

I know a few that are pretty well known within their circles of influence, like dog trainers and a few others, but I don't know anybody personally that transcends that stuff. Like Tom Hanks, or Tiger Woods, people that everybody has heard of at least