Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Sport Model Pug

I met Amber Marshall who plays the lead character on Heartland. She was at a herding trial and even takes lessons from one of the instructors my friends go to with her GSD. She was very nice and sweet, didn't even think she was a big star at all (heartland is super popular here).

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Nope. I'm weird like that though.. I will LOVE a celebrity's work, but avoid things like tabloids, personal interviews, meeting them in person..
I think it just kills the fantasy for me lol I'd much rather just enjoy their work than "know them".
Agreed! I take very little interest in celebrities and their personal lives.

I don't know anyone personally. I've met Taylor Swift, Vertical Horizons band, Jack Hannah, Cesar Milan, and was at a very private event with Sara Evans.

Oh and I met Gem Twist the famous Show Jumper? Haha.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm All Ears

I don't really but my cousin knows soooo many. He was in a country groups music video, went to school with one of our former presidents kids (they know him so well that when my dad met the former First Lady he introduced himself as my cousins uncle and the First Lady was like 'big Aaron?!' Lol), and he was friends with chuck Norris's son so has spent time with them. Might be because he was a football player at a very prestigious college.

But yeah I don't know anyone famous.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Original Twin

I've MET several famous people, mostly musicians, but a couple basketball players. (I used to work at a couple different music venues)
Tommy Lee, Branford Marsalis, Henry Rollins (he is also my best friend's son's godfather), Rasheed Wallace, Manute Bol, Danzig, The Cramps, Dee Dee Ramone , Jonathan Richmond, and a bunch more that escape me right now.

I KNOW and would consider friends a couple people in a well known band from Boston and a well known band from Iowa. I have a couple random actor Facebook friends that I have "met" through a friend of mine that lives in L.A. and does special effects that have told me that we need to hang out when I finally come out to visit my buddy.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Professional Nerd

I met lots of celebrities when I lived in Portland. As far as knowing any, I used to hang out with the drummer from the Decemberists from time to time. I'll bet FlyinSBTs did, too. I met him through his cousin who introduced me to Sarah back when she just had cats. Actually, I just had a cat then, too

And I used to work for a guy who is now in the US House of Representatives.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Top Dog

No, not really, but my boyfriend's great aunt was the author of Bridge to Terabithia.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
No, not really, but my boyfriend's great aunt was the author of Bridge to Terabithia.
That book made me cry so hard.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
Wow! That's the coolest one yet LOL.

I know local celebrities, having been in the media. I've met college sports coaches and players, I've met a few other big name people from around here. And people here were always amazed that I knew such-and-such on air personality just to begin with.
I also got to meet some not-so-local celebrities while I worked there. I can't even really remember how many musicians/bands I've met, either at the station or before/after concerts. Best: I MET WENDELL THE MILLER HIGH LIFE GUY and I have photos and a signed Miller High Life shirt to prove it. Thank you radio career for THAT awesome moment...

One of the radio station part-timers moved to California and is modeling/acting, nothing big, mostly extra roles. My BIL and his brother(s? can't remember) have been extras in something big but I don't remember what.

But I can't think of any BIG celebrity I know well enough to be like "oh yeah we're friends." Though I have seen Jars of Clay so many times that the last time I saw them and blurted out in total fangirl mode how long I've been seeing them in concert (like A DECADE?? Your VERY FIRST show at Cornerstone?!) and one of them actually said "You know, you actually look kind of familiar!" *dork*

I've met some agility celebrities. It's kinda weird actually.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
YES! Thank you! You are the first person other than me that's said that and it makes me happy.

I drive my sister nuts because she'll go "Let me send you so and so's interview from the show we both like" and I'll have to go "No! Don't! I don't want to see it ever. Can't watch it!"

I just don't want to know because it ruins something for me. I like to fully immerse myself in characters and finding out they are real people totally kills it for me.
Haha right? Nobody else seems to understand!!
I have this huge personal fear that I will run into an author of one of my favorite books and they will be really mean to me.
The book would, of course, then by ruined.. which would of course give me some kind of mental breakdown

So I just avoid authors period. ..Unless it's a book signing, in which case it's really just kind of forcefully pleasant/fast and I just want their signature in my book. Otherwise, avoid them or stare from afar and note what they are eating/what book they are reading

Celebrities I avoid all-together. I have no interest in autographs or pictures or telling them about my obsessions or what they are like in real life lol don't know, don't care.

Authors I kind of am stunned and in awe of their talent and stories and want to know who they are as people to kind of better understand their books sort of.. there is a fascination there moreso than other celebs. I do read interviews sometimes.

..Actors? Musicians? don't know don't care. Like your show, like your movie, like you songs..that's all I need to know.

Oh and Athletes? Ha. You are lucky if I even sort of kind of know who you are or what sport you play.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh and my family brings up this story every chance they get.

D. Wade (the basketball player) lives in our building in Miami.
I had NO IDEA who he was.

He comes onto the elevator and kind of scares me (comes out of nowhere) I'm like "Woah You are really tall."
and he smiles and is like "Yea, I know, thanks, people tell me I should play basketball"
and I'm like "You totally should!"
and he's like "I'll think about it, cute dog! See you around!"

... only later when I saw his face on a bilboard that I was like
Oh
My
God

..he is on Miami heat.
He plays basketball

He was totally messing with me!! LOL

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.