Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Bite Club

Oh forgot to add she was born at 9:30am!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

One week old!!

IMG_9968 by taqroy, on Flickr

That's the first good shot I've gotten of her eyes. She was almost back up to her birth weight on Friday which is AWESOME because the nurses at the hospital made me completely paranoid about how she eats/gains. We are stupid crazy in love with her.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 03-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

Beautiful. Absolutely.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

I am bitter and angry about the proximity in dates that I will be saying good bye to my heart dog and hello to my first born.

I haven't been able to he excited about this baby in the past week since I scheduled Buddy's euthanasia.

I should be preparing for the home stretch and instead I can't think of anything, at all, besides my dog and my decision.

Screw you world.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Bite Club

So sorry Allison. I can't imagine how hard that must be big hugs!!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry, Allison. I don't even know what to say. It's always sad losing a dog and sad to think about how the dogs we love won't be in our children's lives, and I'm really sorry the timing is so terrible for your family.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Thanks ladies. Hardest decision ever. I don't remember what life is like without her.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Top Dog

I went to my first prenatal class today. It was so confusing, because the hospital kept calling saying they changed the times/dates, and apparently this was because they merged the prenatal class and breastfeeding class? So today it was like 30 people and an entire lecture on breastfeeding. They didn't discuss formula feeding or using a bottle at all.

I was pretty cranky and snarky about the whole thing...the majority of it was stuff I already knew, and the instructor was, albeit knowledgable, clearly NOT a teacher. They showed us this video UNICEF made to promote breastfeeding in underdeveloped countries, and I couldn't understand the narrator (there were subtitles). And we all got a doll in the beginning, but we didn't do ANYTHING with it. Just had to hold it the entire time to "get used to it".

But...afterwards I was sort of glad because they talked more about the hospital's policy of rooming-in (all babies room-in unless there is a problem) and how they wait to weigh the baby and check them right on your chest in delivery, they don't take them away for an hour +...so I was happy to hear that because I knew it was an option but was afraid I'd have to push for it or if I was sort of out-of-it they'd take the baby.

I also found out now most insurance companies here are required to provide breast pumps! Which I otherwise wouldn't have known, so I guess I learned something useful.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

When Ryland kicks and moves my ENTIRE BODY and rocks the bed... Wtf.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 04-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I went to my first prenatal class today. It was so confusing, because the hospital kept calling saying they changed the times/dates, and apparently this was because they merged the prenatal class and breastfeeding class? So today it was like 30 people and an entire lecture on breastfeeding. They didn't discuss formula feeding or using a bottle at all.

I was pretty cranky and snarky about the whole thing...the majority of it was stuff I already knew, and the instructor was, albeit knowledgable, clearly NOT a teacher. They showed us this video UNICEF made to promote breastfeeding in underdeveloped countries, and I couldn't understand the narrator (there were subtitles). And we all got a doll in the beginning, but we didn't do ANYTHING with it. Just had to hold it the entire time to "get used to it".

But...afterwards I was sort of glad because they talked more about the hospital's policy of rooming-in (all babies room-in unless there is a problem) and how they wait to weigh the baby and check them right on your chest in delivery, they don't take them away for an hour +...so I was happy to hear that because I knew it was an option but was afraid I'd have to push for it or if I was sort of out-of-it they'd take the baby.

I also found out now most insurance companies here are required to provide breast pumps! Which I otherwise wouldn't have known, so I guess I learned something useful.
I didn't go to prenatal classes with my second pregnancy. I went to one with my first and never went again. I was sent to the young mothers one and it was awful. I was the only preggo who didn't leave to go chain smoke on the break. They told us ramen noodles were not a proper source of nutrition (oh rly? never would have guessed!)

So I know lots of you ladies are pregnant/have newborns but I was coming in here to say Briggs is being assessed for autism. He went for the consultation at the autism clinic and the two doctors who interacted with him said yes, he needs the full blown assessment done. That happens on the 26th.

Part of me is happy that its getting on its way. Part of me is really not handling it too well. I know without a doubt my son is autistic. The older he is getting the more obvious it is. I am very matter of fact and am not the type to pull the wool over my eyes. It is still so hard to deal with though. I guess there is still that hope that he will just magically not have these obstacles ahead of him. At 2.5 he still doesn't even respond to his name. He self harms out of confusion and its just... I was hoping I was doing something wrong and it wasn't him, ya know?