The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't know. I wear latex gloves at work and my hands don't react, and I've used condoms without any issues. Not at all itchy or externally uncomfortable. I am extremely prone to UTIs and anytime I have sex without urinating immediately afterwards I develop them a day or two later. I know the instruments they use are sterile, but maybe I already had an infection in the works. They're going to give me antibiotics for a suspect UTI...I'm hoping that will do the trick. It honestly feels like a bad UTI, just with an achy/cramping feeling on top if it, plus me being a bit more tender than usual.
yet another reason why i never go to the gyno

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Dad is taking my camera over to my house to take photos as he starts tearing things up to reveal exactly how much water damage there is.
I told him I hadn't called my attorney yet and he said he wasn't sure if it was worth doing.

sigh.

Locke

Dad is taking my camera over to my house to take photos as he starts tearing things up to reveal exactly how much water damage there is.
I told him I hadn't called my attorney yet and he said he wasn't sure if it was worth doing.

sigh.
Call the attorney any way.

My vent is that a friend of mine has been taking everything I say or do as a personal attack. It's driving me crazy! I asked her if something was wrong because she's been so sensitive lately, and then she says that she feels I'm judging and criticizing everything she does. So I asked our mutual friends if I've been being a huge bitch lately, and they said not at all....I don't get it. I don't want to hurt her feelings any more, but I seriously don't know how I'm supposed to change how I'm acting when I'm not acting any differently than normal....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Call the attorney any way.
The problem is I sort of know what he means. We'll probably have to take them to court over this. I'll probably have to pay my attorney to do so. I don't have any more money. I know if I win I can recoup my attorney's fees from them, but I have to a) win and b) collect.
And who knows how long a lawsuit will even take to begin with? Plus, the seller's dad is our CPA and has been for years. I don't think my parents want to switch CPAs... my friend said "It will cost you far less to find a new accountant" and he's right.
My friends are looking out for me and they're all saying I should do something, that this isn't right, and I should almost definitely be able to get money from them to fix the damage. Not that my dad isn't looking out for me but I think he's of the mindset "I'll just fix it myself and who cares."

I care that they lied. I really, really care that they lied. And I really care that I have no more money because of all the disasters we've uncovered in this house. Most of them I can't do anything about. We can't prove they knew. This one I can nail them on, we can prove they knew because THEY TRIED TO FIX IT.

Maybe I'm just being vindictive about it. Maybe since everything else has been such a disaster I'm seizing on this one and going "I GOT YOU NOW, AND I'LL GET YOU," and it's completely inappropriate.

All I know is I bought my house in August, it's April and I still haven't moved in, I have no idea when I'll be able to move in, my agility foundations course that I dished out more money than I could realistically afford right now is about to start and I can't even use my big agility yard to work my dog in, my dog who is getting older every day and I'm so far behind with, I just want to sit down and cry, and I'm tired of feeling this way.

I e-mailed my realtor to ask his advice on if I can do anything anyway or if I should just not even bother calling my lawyer. He's become a friend over time anyway so I'm hoping he'll have something sensible and not emotional to add.

Locke

The problem is I sort of know what he means. We'll probably have to take them to court over this. I'll probably have to pay my attorney to do so. I don't have any more money. I know if I win I can recoup my attorney's fees from them, but I have to a) win and b) collect.
And who knows how long a lawsuit will even take to begin with? Plus, the seller's dad is our CPA and has been for years. I don't think my parents want to switch CPAs... my friend said "It will cost you far less to find a new accountant" and he's right.
My friends are looking out for me and they're all saying I should do something, that this isn't right, and I should almost definitely be able to get money from them to fix the damage. Not that my dad isn't looking out for me but I think he's of the mindset "I'll just fix it myself and who cares."

I care that they lied. I really, really care that they lied. And I really care that I have no more money because of all the disasters we've uncovered in this house. Most of them I can't do anything about. We can't prove they knew. This one I can nail them on, we can prove they knew because THEY TRIED TO FIX IT.

Maybe I'm just being vindictive about it. Maybe since everything else has been such a disaster I'm seizing on this one and going "I GOT YOU NOW, AND I'LL GET YOU," and it's completely inappropriate.

All I know is I bought my house in August, it's April and I still haven't moved in, I have no idea when I'll be able to move in, my agility foundations course that I dished out more money than I could realistically afford right now is about to start and I can't even use my big agility yard to work my dog in, my dog who is getting older every day and I'm so far behind with, I just want to sit down and cry, and I'm tired of feeling this way.

I e-mailed my realtor to ask his advice on if I can do anything anyway or if I should just not even bother calling my lawyer. He's become a friend over time anyway so I'm hoping he'll have something sensible and not emotional to add.
I see what you mean. Is there any way to meet with the seller and discuss the situation without an attorney? Try and reach an agreement where you can either get some money back or have them pay for the water damage repair, at the very least?
Why would your parents still want to give the CPA business after he did not disclose all the issues with the house? That's the least he could do for you, don't you think?

I hope your realtor can help you out. I can understand how dismal you must feel. You WILL move into your house, and you WILL get to use your yard, and you WILL have an awesome agility dog! Don't fret. Some things happen for a reason.

They are very common, this one just struck me, we have a HUGE transient population, people that work here, but live in other provinces, on top of that the number of pet friendly rentals is very very small. So we have people like this, and while $1000 probably is a lot of money to most people here most people make more then that in a week, so its not even a commitment. The number of pets on kijiji looking for new homes is staggering, allergies is always common, but moving cant take ____, and cant find a pet friendly place are the 2 big ones. I am really beginning to wonder if other provinces have banned pets from Alberta because everyone moving "home" seems to leave their pets here. It drives me nuts!

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
GRRRRWWWAAAWWEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

Why does what "I" want always have to become available when cash is tight. agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

And the 3 weeks turned into 6 and she wonders why I am scrambling for the cash. Well if you had them ready when You said you would then "I" would have had cash on hand and been there to get them , buttttttt nooooooo 3 weeks ago when I called you and you never answered and never called back I assumed the Chicks where sold.

BAH

I just wanna babies , sheesh

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
As someone who had a health issue caught early that could have become extremely serious if I hadn't gone for yearly exams, this is a really foolhardy thought process.
Yah, I'm not upset with my doctor...she's great. I just curse my body that decides it needs to have a UTI in response to every little thing. Or anything vaginal related, that is. :rolleyes:

A few cystex and antibiotics later, and I'm feeling much better. I'm just glad it was just a UTI and not some horrible complication due to the pap smear. Then I would have been really upset.

Ooooh, another vent though, regarding my recent doctor visits.

I went and had my yearly physical yesterday. Then had my dentist appointment today. There seems to be a common theme among doctors.

During my physical:
*doc listens to my chest* *doc listens harder* *doc tells me to hold my breath* "Do you have a heart murmur?" "Um...not that I'm aware of." *Doc listens some more and doesn't bring up subject again*
At the end of my physical: "You look great! I didn't find anything abnormal."

Does that mean you heard a murmur or not?!?!

During my dental examination: *Hygenist*: there is a Medical Jargon at tooth More Medical Jargon.
*Dentist*: Yah, the x-ray of it looks fine, but I'll take a look. *looks* Yah, it can stay in.
*Dentist* (to me): your teeth look great!

WTH is that supposed to mean? Is one of my teeth in danger of needing to be pulled?!?!

FG167

Puppy comes tomorrow and I CAN'T PICK A NAME! ARGH why do I have such a hard time with this?!??!?!?;ajdsfkljnals;dghj;oadfhzij

Saeleofu

I printed health certificates and rabies certificates for the dogs last time I was at work. I made them real pretty with their pictures and everything. And now I CANNOT FIND THEM. Odds are I won't need them, but still! I WANT THEM! And they were a pain in the ass to make. I can print ones from online, but the rabies tag numbers are wrong, the reminders are off, and they're ugly.

Members online

No members online now.