Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I must be the only weirdo who likes microfiber sheets. They're smooth and soft and cool to the touch and I love them, lol. There's too much texture and warmth and friction on jersey and flannel. It bothers me. I was skeptical at first because all I could think of was a microfiber towel. Thankfully they're absolutely nothing like that.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

Ummm 6 months if snow...seven this year unless it changes really quick here! So ya we do flannel most of the year. And heated blankets, and for a few months down comforters on top of the heated blanket...both with flannel duvet covers lol. I like being warm.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

eww microfiber. That stuff is nasty.

I like my plain old 10 jersy sheets that I buy online from amazon. Which reminds me... I REALLY need new sheets. We bought a new bed last night that is like 20cm bigger and nothing fits except one sheet.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Personally I like satin sheets but if I can I like something with 300 thread count or better ... If given the choice

That is if I sleep under sheets at all, I usually just cover up with blankets on top of the comforter lol

Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Kung Pow Fish

i have, and will only use, jersey knit, so im no help here sorry
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

As far as quilts go, have you checked around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge? Tons of shops and individuals out there who sell quilts.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I have microfiber sheets and love them. They never get hot and irritating like normal sheets. Plus they never wrinkle. They're nothing special, though. I got them at Target, lol.
Never ever would have thought of this, I am intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
but honestly, one of the only sheets that give me that cool, soft, really great clean feeling when I climb in..
Kirkland Signature 500 TC Pima Cotton Sheet Sets.
GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME THEY ARE AMAZING!

I don't know what it is. The thread count is only 540 (bearing in mind, the validity of thread count and what it means/how much brands lie/who enforces these things is highly debated)
I have the kirkland sateen sheets as well, all pretty awesome!
This is exactly the kind of tip (and the Amazon sheets someone listed) I was hoping for. I'm buying high high thread count and they suck. Blah. I do not know the validity of thread count and such? Thank goodness for Chaz to help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
Well, if you like jersey sheets, you may not like microfiber sheets then, FG. I hate jersey sheets but love microfiber. I hate flannel sheets as well. I find both to be super clingy and warm and mushy and icky.
I do not like jersey or flannel, they are too soft and clingy - I love them for clothing LOL but not to sleep on. So, microfiber is smooth...I just can't picture it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
As far as heavy quilt like feeling, have you thought about a down comforter and a duvet? You can buy all different kinds of duvets, some of them are really freaking cute and awesome, especially from Ikea, but the down comforter is where you're going to spend some money. A nice one for a king sized bed usually starts at around 100 bucks. Plus anywhere from 20 to 80 for the duvet. My mom has a down comforter that was around 200 dollars and on of her duvets is heavy like, brocade almost. It weighs a TON. I love it.
I have a down comforter and I ADORE how poofy it is and warm, and Jason hates it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
As far as quilts go, have you checked around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge? Tons of shops and individuals out there who sell quilts.
Derrrrr, nope. Never crossed my mind. I'm an idiot
Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Sit! Good dog.

If microfibre is what I think it is, then eeeeeeeeeuw. The feeling is horrid. Eeeeeeeeeuw. And now that has made me think of worse things... I'm not sure i can type it

Towels.

Dry

Teeth

Spilt my drink typing that

Anyway, sheets. No idea, but we have a super king bed, so everything is stupid expensive.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein