Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
OKAY! At 44ish minutes into Asylum..."Where am I?" As she's flashing back to escaping from the Alaska...a lot of times. And then in Bells,"I don't know where I am!"

Coincidence? Maybe. Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, in which case, always ignore a coincidence.
ROFL.

Absolutely. I have no idea wth is going on.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

Someone just pointed out that in Silence in the Library people said the "I don't know where I am/Where am I" thing. I *think* it was when they were downloaded into bodies? I'll have to rewatch that one again and see. It is a story written by Moffat, so you can't rule it out!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Show Dog

Someone said Clara could be a regeneration of River Song. Don't know how I feel about that though. And did you hear the part where she talks about the 11th and says 'I cried my eyes out'? Possible foreshadowing to a regeneration? Matt Smith is my first doctor and I like how he portrays him. Of course I've gone back and watched the older episodes and found that each actor makes the Doctor special and unique.

I was not a big fan of this episode, to be honest. I liked her previous two episodes better. If you ask me, the Doctor should go and find Sally Sparrow and make her a companion.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCrafty View Post
Someone said Clara could be a regeneration of River Song. Don't know how I feel about that though. And did you hear the part where she talks about the 11th and says 'I cried my eyes out'? Possible foreshadowing to a regeneration? Matt Smith is my first doctor and I like how he portrays him. Of course I've gone back and watched the older episodes and found that each actor makes the Doctor special and unique.

I was not a big fan of this episode, to be honest. I liked her previous two episodes better. If you ask me, the Doctor should go and find Sally Sparrow and make her a companion.

River Song can't regenerate anymore. They made that very clear. Ish. Unless there was something with the Doctor fixing her wrist in Angels in Manhattan.

I noticed that. I thought it might have been a reference to when Ten left. I cried my eyes out over that, and I thought it might have been a reference to the ending of the tenth chapter.

Did you catch the authors name though?

Sally Sparrow was from Ten's time. She probably won't make a reappearance. Because the whole thing played out with Ten, both the TARDIS getting taken, Martha and the Doctor getting caught, and the ending where Sally puts it all together.

In Silence in the Library they didn't know where they were when they were "ghosting" in their data things. I think the only one who said "where am I?" was the first girl who got eaten by the Vashta Nerada, I could totally be wrong about who it was though, but I do remember that.

I don't remember any of the downloaded people having an issue remembering where they were.

I liked the episode, but it felt more like "filler" than anything else. Though two Doctors is always a win, even if one is a data station.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Also, the Empty Child was a Chula Warrior. Basically. And used Omcom to make anything with a speaker grill work. I'm not sure if the Omcom is why Clara appeared in the door viewer thingy, but there's another theory.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
And did you hear the part where she talks about the 11th and says 'I cried my eyes out'? Possible foreshadowing to a regeneration?
Possibly. They are releasing the book as an e-book soon, so it would be interesting to read it!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

One idea I've heard, is nanobots. (I think that's what they're called, I'm having a brain strike right now.) The only other time the telephone which doesn't ring has rung has been in the episode with nanobots. The little healing friendly fellows.

As for the age thing, there's a bajillion theories. Development Gag: The numbers in Clara’s 101 Adventues book skip ages 16 and 23, years in the “classic” Doctor Who run the series didn’t air. 16 years was the gap between the classic series and the 2005 revival. The numbers also imply Clara was born in 1989, the year the series was first cancelled. The first year skipped would then be 2005, when the series was revived, and the second 2012, when Oswald first appeared on the show.

So that's a logistics reason, but there are way cooler ones then that.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakash View Post
One idea I've heard, is nanobots. (I think that's what they're called, I'm having a brain strike right now.) The only other time the telephone which doesn't ring has rung has been in the episode with nanobots. The little healing friendly fellows.

As for the age thing, there's a bajillion theories. Development Gag: The numbers in Clara’s 101 Adventues book skip ages 16 and 23, years in the “classic” Doctor Who run the series didn’t air. 16 years was the gap between the classic series and the 2005 revival. The numbers also imply Clara was born in 1989, the year the series was first cancelled. The first year skipped would then be 2005, when the series was revived, and the second 2012, when Oswald first appeared on the show.

So that's a logistics reason, but there are way cooler ones then that.

Oh do share!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Development Gag: The numbers in Clara’s 101 Adventues book skip ages 16 and 23, years in the “classic” Doctor Who run the series didn’t air. 16 years was the gap between the classic series and the 2005 revival. The numbers also imply Clara was born in 1989, the year the series was first cancelled. The first year skipped would then be 2005, when the series was revived, and the second 2012, when Oswald first appeared on the show.
Ah, I love this! I didn't know about that, I've been too busy to pick it apart quite as thoroughly as I'd like to.

SHARE ALL THE THEORIES!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Top Dog

Have you all been following the 50th news? They're bringing back TENNANT AND ZYGONS!!!!! POSSIBLY TENNANT AS A ZYGON!!!! (that last bit's my own theory )