Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Well... the good news is it's not mono, it's not strep and she doesn't need antibiotics.

The bad news is she has a nasty gastro intestinal virus. hence the sensitivity in the abdomen (bowels) and a sore back. the doctor said it's actually very common to have a very sore throat with GI viruses. In other words... we just have to wait it out. He said she should start feeling more like herself by Wednesday or Thursday but if Friday comes around and she's still down and out then we need to revisit the issue.

I love the Doctor we saw today... not our usual doctor but our backup doctor. He's wonderful and has the greatest bedside manner. he had her giggling through the whole visit. I told him that she was feeling so crummy that she hasn't even had one single piece of easter candy and he says "WOW that's VERY serious" lol.

he said to give her bland gentle foods (if she'll eat them) like crackers and bread and stuff but to stay away from chocolate for a couple of days and then he asked her if she got any Peeps for Easter (she did lol) and he told her she could definitely eat peeps... and jelly beans "but that's all the junk food I'll push or your mom will have my head" LOL. He said that it sounds like she's doing a good job of listening to her body and if she doesn't want to eat don't force the issue. As long as she's drinking she's good.

So now we just wait and see and keep her as comfortable as possible. She's curled up in a makeshift bed on the floor watching a movie and I just peeked over her shoulder and her eyes are struggling to stay open so she'll be napping here any second.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Poor little Hannah, it sucks to have someone so young so sick

Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Sport Model Pug

Dear cheapskate customer, no I cannot adjust the price of what you're buying even if you ask nicely. That's not how things work here. Also do not try to shove your 15" tall Boston into a too small vari kennel because its $10 cheaper. You saw my dog will go in one and yes she's "bigger" as in thicker boned but that's because she's trained to go into all crates but your dog is obviously not comfortable and you shouldn't force her.

Grumble grumble and then his dog peed like everywhere and got blood on stuff as she was in season.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Dear cheapskate customer, no I cannot adjust the price of what you're buying even if you ask nicely. That's not how things work here. Also do not try to shove your 15" tall Boston into a too small vari kennel because its $10 cheaper. You saw my dog will go in one and yes she's "bigger" as in thicker boned but that's because she's trained to go into all crates but your dog is obviously not comfortable and you shouldn't force her.

Grumble grumble and then his dog peed like everywhere and got blood on stuff as she was in season.
SIGH ......................................

I hate when ppl dont fix their animals.

I know there are folks here that advocate waiting to speuter ... but lets face it, not every dog owner is up to the challenges & demands of keeping an intact animal ... which is why i cringe when someone mentions waiting to speuter. because in most cases its better to err on the side of caution, as there are sooooo many unwanted animals as it is.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

People getting their noses all up in other people's business.

Making everything all about them all the effing time.

Also the word "speuter."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

MONEY MONEY MONEY! I am so annoyed by money!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Sorry but on a tiny phone keyboard its easier to write 'speuter' then it is to write spay/neuter every time.

now that i am on the laptop, i can write it out. That statement doesnt extend to responsible, knowledgeable dog owners so it shouldnt be offensive. the sad fact is that most 'casual' dog owners are neither responsible enough nor knowledgeable enough to keep their animal intact & if that animal in qoestion escapes & adds to the all ready overwhelming population of unwanted pets in facilities that my tax dollars pay for, then yes it does become my business.

I am just not a big fan of "you dont have to spay/neuter if you dont want to" advice.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

"Neuter" is gender neutral. There's little reason to write spay/neuter and no reason to ever say "speuter."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Poor little Hannah, it sucks to have someone so young so sick
thanks. it really does. Kids shouldn't have to deal with being sick.

I did have to laugh though because during that time that she was snoozing on her makeshift floor bed, Belle walked by to get up in her chair and all I hear (eyes still closed) is "Don't even think about it Belle" LOL. I guess she thought belle was going to try to take over her bed (which is totally a Belle thing to do lol) but I thought she was still sleeping lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Sit! Good dog.

OMG kellypink, **** off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein