Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,568
Default Walking Dead: Season 3 (might be spoilers)

What did you guys think of this season, of the finale? Of how the characters "fleshed out" of the character deaths?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Cali Mae's Avatar
Cali Mae Cali Mae is offline
Little dog, big voice
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 864
Default

I'll just share my thoughts on the finale, since I think each episode has a fair bit to talk about... whether it be ranting or not.

First off, Carl. It doesn't surprise me that he shot that teenage boy, although my jaw dropped and it reminded me of why I really dislike him even though he's only like eleven or twelve now. Obnoxious and no real regard or respect for anyone but himself and I've felt the same one since the incident when they were at Hershel's farm and he went into the backwoods to find that zombie.

Secondly, Andrea. I'm somewhat glad she had to kill herself because I thought she was kind of stupid, to put it lightly. I would've killed the governor when I had a chance, and I sure as heck would've stopped chatting and started escaping as soon as I knew of the pliers. I did feel bad for Michonne though, since she's one of my favourite characters.

Governor going crazy surprised me at the time but in retrospect, it shouldn't have. He's a lunatic, and I thought the woman's idea of playing dead was pretty smart.

I wish there would've been more of Daryl although I was relieved that he seemed to be alright because I cried during the last episode over the incident with Merle.
__________________

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,568
Default

Me too someone needs to bend Carl over their knee & give him a good whuppin' (either figuratively or literally) to remind him that he isn't an adult. I like Carl, I think that all in all he is a responsible dependable kid who is growing up in a horrible world full of bad people & death.

But Rick needs to have a talk with him about that if there are good people that need help ... The right thing to do is help them, regardless of what group they were with or where they came from. He needs to learn to use his intuition ... It was just a bunch of women & kids it wasn't like they were threatening.

The whole Andrea thing pissed me off, I would have rather seen the gov lock Milton in with Andrea & give him a "chance" to kill her or something like that, to off to do the talk (which took a while) mobilize the 'troops' then come back, see he hasn't killed her & then stab him ... Then they wouldn't have had to use a whole freaking episode for Andrea to escape :/... Oh well.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
But Rick needs to have a talk with him about that if there are good people that need help ... The right thing to do is help them, regardless of what group they were with or where they came from. He needs to learn to use his intuition ... It was just a bunch of women & kids it wasn't like they were threatening.
How could Rick talk about that when he just figured it out himself?? Carl is just following his dad's leadership (or lack there of) skills and the examples set before him.
__________________


Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Pops2 Pops2 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 3,072
Default

Carl was spot on to pop that kid. He didn't drop his weapon when he was told. When Carl popped him the kid was still armed and it was pointing in his general direction. Additionally Carl had to consider the safety of Herschel and Beth while watching the kid STILL holding a weapon. No Carl was right in that case, he was faced with someone who just minutes before was intent on killing everyone in the prison and hadn't complied with an order to disarm.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
Carl was spot on to pop that kid. He didn't drop his weapon when he was told. When Carl popped him the kid was still armed and it was pointing in his general direction. Additionally Carl had to consider the safety of Herschel and Beth while watching the kid STILL holding a weapon. No Carl was right in that case, he was faced with someone who just minutes before was intent on killing everyone in the prison and hadn't complied with an order to disarm.
thats not what i am talking about ... I am talking about the reaction he had to the Woodbury refugees. If he was my child I would have been embarrassed at how he acted like he didnt want them there.

those folks arent a threat, they are women, older people & children, they need help!

I agree with his decision to pop that kid, who wasnt complient IMHO his comment "what are they doing here." kind of got my hackles raised a little bit.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Pops2 Pops2 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 3,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
thats not what i am talking about ... I am talking about the reaction he had to the Woodbury refugees. If he was my child I would have been embarrassed at how he acted like he didnt want them there.

those folks arent a threat, they are women, older people & children, they need help!

I agree with his decision to pop that kid, who wasnt complient IMHO his comment "what are they doing here." kind of got my hackles raised a little bit.
Yeah that didn't worry me too much, give him some time playing with the other kids & he'll start getting more balanced as grows to care for them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
Yeah that didn't worry me too much, give him some time playing with the other kids & he'll start getting more balanced as grows to care for them.
I hope maybe he could even be like a role model for them? It would give him something to feel useful (which is what i think he really wants to be... is a useful productive member of the group) teaching them skills to defend themselves & all that, i really want that for him.

It would be very very sad if he grew to be a 'lil gov'
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Oko's Avatar
Oko Oko is offline
Silence, peasants.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 1,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
Secondly, Andrea. I'm somewhat glad she had to kill herself because I thought she was kind of stupid, to put it lightly. I would've killed the governor when I had a chance, and I sure as heck would've stopped chatting and started escaping as soon as I knew of the pliers. I did feel bad for Michonne though, since she's one of my favourite characters..
I don't normally follow the show, but my siblings watch it and I hear about it, and I watched the finale last night. HOLY HECK, what is with not being able to talk AND get those freaking pliers at the same time??

Also, CARL THAT KILLS PEOPLE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUPCB9533Y
__________________


Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I don't normally follow the show, but my siblings watch it and I hear about it, and I watched the finale last night. HOLY HECK, what is with not being able to talk AND get those freaking pliers at the same time??

Also, CARL THAT KILLS PEOPLE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUPCB9533Y
Yeah I know!!! The entire time I was shouting "talk & work!!!" At the TV :/.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site