Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Top Dog

Default The Big Spoilery Doctor Who Series 7b Discussion Thread!

I know we have a million Whovians here. So, DISCUSS! I'm rewatching The Bells right now, so I'll legitimately contribute in about 45 minutes

Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Top Dog

Okay, so, computer died, I'm having wifi issues (DUN DUN DUN!), and I took a shower. But, something just came to me. The phone. Last time we heard the phone ring was in The Empty Child (also written by Moffat, by the way). The child who was rewritten by nanobots made the phone ring. How can a phone that isn't a phone be ringing? There have been nanobot theories floating around ever since Asylum of the Daleks. I shrugged them all off, because it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. But this...now I'm starting to wonder.

I also love the "Doctor Who" scene. I love the chemistry between Smith and Coleman. The show seems SO fresh and new and exciting again. I was so, so sick of Amy. I no longer feel like the Doctor MUST regenerate soon to keep the show fresh. A new companion has done wonders for that. Granted I still think Smith's time is running out, and it is almost time for him to go, but I won't be disappointed if he stays another year now. Rumors have been flying about he's leaving at the end of this year, he's staying through 2014, he's doing another season, he's not doing another season, etc. Whatever happens happens, and I'm not desperate for a regeneration now.

More to come after I finish the rewatch!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

My thoughts on the new episode?

What the He!!

So confused. But I'm usually in a constant state of confusion when it comes to Doctor Who, I don't get how it's still considering itself to be a kids show....

I really liked the episode though, especially the ending because it was so stinking sad. That poor little girl/women, I died a little inside when I heard her talk. She's 5 years old! Oh my gosh.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

Yes, I LOVED the ending. The first time around I didn't really get it because I had a crappy frame rate and my mom was snoring. But on the re-watch, it was REALLY good!

Also...holy crap the Doctor was being a creep this time around lol. There was a leaf in your book. I licked it. Also, here, eat the other half of my Jammy Dodger.

I really want some Jammy Dodgers now, too. It's been too long since I had them.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I was also wondering how the phone that's not a phone was ringing. Like, wtf??

I thought the way he dealt with the wifi thing was pretty freaking awesome.

The leaf thing didn't bother me lol, he's the doctor, he licks weird things lol, at least he did as Ten. The half eaten Jammy Dodger was weird though yeah.

I didn't think I'd like the new TARDIS interior, but I really actually did lol.

I did feel badly for the lady, I can't remember her name, but that's what the Great Intelligence does, it did it to that other guy, takes them over from a young age.

I can't wait for the next episode!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

I can't even tell you how excited I am about the Great Intelligence. I do need to read my 2nd Doctor novelisations so I know the history. I think the GI is going to have a HUGE role for the rest of this season.

What do you make of that old, raggedy bow tie?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I have no idea. It's obviously special to him because of the box and everything, but we haven't seen it before I don't think.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Top Dog

I think this was my favorite bit

Also, I think that leaf is probably pretty important. AND...she's holding a leaf on the poster for the next episode. A different leaf, but a leaf nonetheless.

I'm dying to know what's up with Clara. I really want my shattered-through-time-City-of-Death-style theory to be true. And if you haven't watched City of Death you really should, it's brilliant, and it's on Netflix. 4th Doctor and Romana II <3 Anyway, my theory says the original Clara is the one that crashed into the Asylum, and the force of that crash is what shattered her, since that had to be one hell of a crash to get into an impenetrable planet.

OH. MY. GOD. I have to go check something in Asylum. I shall return either incredibly excited, or terribly disappointed.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Top Dog

OKAY! At 44ish minutes into Asylum..."Where am I?" As she's flashing back to escaping from the Alaska...a lot of times. And then in Bells,"I don't know where I am!"

Coincidence? Maybe. Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, in which case, always ignore a coincidence.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Top Dog

I think I love you guys :')