The Big Spoilery Doctor Who Series 7b Discussion Thread!

Saeleofu

I know we have a million Whovians here. So, DISCUSS! I'm rewatching The Bells right now, so I'll legitimately contribute in about 45 minutes ;)

:popcorn:

Saeleofu

Okay, so, computer died, I'm having wifi issues (DUN DUN DUN!), and I took a shower. But, something just came to me. The phone. Last time we heard the phone ring was in The Empty Child (also written by Moffat, by the way). The child who was rewritten by nanobots made the phone ring. How can a phone that isn't a phone be ringing? There have been nanobot theories floating around ever since Asylum of the Daleks. I shrugged them all off, because it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. But this...now I'm starting to wonder.

I also love the "Doctor Who" scene. I love the chemistry between Smith and Coleman. The show seems SO fresh and new and exciting again. I was so, so sick of Amy. I no longer feel like the Doctor MUST regenerate soon to keep the show fresh. A new companion has done wonders for that. Granted I still think Smith's time is running out, and it is almost time for him to go, but I won't be disappointed if he stays another year now. Rumors have been flying about he's leaving at the end of this year, he's staying through 2014, he's doing another season, he's not doing another season, etc. Whatever happens happens, and I'm not desperate for a regeneration now.

More to come after I finish the rewatch!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
My thoughts on the new episode?

What the He!!

So confused. But I'm usually in a constant state of confusion when it comes to Doctor Who, I don't get how it's still considering itself to be a kids show....

I really liked the episode though, especially the ending because it was so stinking sad. That poor little girl/women, I died a little inside when I heard her talk. She's 5 years old! Oh my gosh.

Saeleofu

Yes, I LOVED the ending. The first time around I didn't really get it because I had a crappy frame rate and my mom was snoring. But on the re-watch, it was REALLY good!

Also...holy crap the Doctor was being a creep this time around lol. There was a leaf in your book. I licked it. Also, here, eat the other half of my Jammy Dodger.

I really want some Jammy Dodgers now, too. It's been too long since I had them.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I was also wondering how the phone that's not a phone was ringing. Like, wtf??

I thought the way he dealt with the wifi thing was pretty freaking awesome.

The leaf thing didn't bother me lol, he's the doctor, he licks weird things lol, at least he did as Ten. The half eaten Jammy Dodger was weird though yeah.

I didn't think I'd like the new TARDIS interior, but I really actually did lol.

I did feel badly for the lady, I can't remember her name, but that's what the Great Intelligence does, it did it to that other guy, takes them over from a young age.

I can't wait for the next episode! :D

Saeleofu

I can't even tell you how excited I am about the Great Intelligence. I do need to read my 2nd Doctor novelisations so I know the history. I think the GI is going to have a HUGE role for the rest of this season.

What do you make of that old, raggedy bow tie?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I have no idea. It's obviously special to him because of the box and everything, but we haven't seen it before I don't think.

Saeleofu

I think this was my favorite bit

Also, I think that leaf is probably pretty important. AND...she's holding a leaf on the poster for the next episode. A different leaf, but a leaf nonetheless.

I'm dying to know what's up with Clara. I really want my shattered-through-time-City-of-Death-style theory to be true. And if you haven't watched City of Death you really should, it's brilliant, and it's on Netflix. 4th Doctor and Romana II <3 Anyway, my theory says the original Clara is the one that crashed into the Asylum, and the force of that crash is what shattered her, since that had to be one hell of a crash to get into an impenetrable planet.

OH. MY. GOD. I have to go check something in Asylum. I shall return either incredibly excited, or terribly disappointed.

Saeleofu

OKAY! At 44ish minutes into Asylum..."Where am I?" As she's flashing back to escaping from the Alaska...a lot of times. And then in Bells,"I don't know where I am!"

Coincidence? Maybe. Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, in which case, always ignore a coincidence.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
OKAY! At 44ish minutes into Asylum..."Where am I?" As she's flashing back to escaping from the Alaska...a lot of times. And then in Bells,"I don't know where I am!"

Coincidence? Maybe. Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, in which case, always ignore a coincidence.
ROFL.

Absolutely. I have no idea wth is going on.

Saeleofu

Someone just pointed out that in Silence in the Library people said the "I don't know where I am/Where am I" thing. I *think* it was when they were downloaded into bodies? I'll have to rewatch that one again and see. It is a story written by Moffat, so you can't rule it out!

SoCrafty

Someone said Clara could be a regeneration of River Song. Don't know how I feel about that though. And did you hear the part where she talks about the 11th and says 'I cried my eyes out'? Possible foreshadowing to a regeneration? Matt Smith is my first doctor and I like how he portrays him. Of course I've gone back and watched the older episodes and found that each actor makes the Doctor special and unique.

I was not a big fan of this episode, to be honest. I liked her previous two episodes better. If you ask me, the Doctor should go and find Sally Sparrow and make her a companion.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Someone said Clara could be a regeneration of River Song. Don't know how I feel about that though. And did you hear the part where she talks about the 11th and says 'I cried my eyes out'? Possible foreshadowing to a regeneration? Matt Smith is my first doctor and I like how he portrays him. Of course I've gone back and watched the older episodes and found that each actor makes the Doctor special and unique.

I was not a big fan of this episode, to be honest. I liked her previous two episodes better. If you ask me, the Doctor should go and find Sally Sparrow and make her a companion.

River Song can't regenerate anymore. They made that very clear. Ish. Unless there was something with the Doctor fixing her wrist in Angels in Manhattan.

I noticed that. I thought it might have been a reference to when Ten left. I cried my eyes out over that, and I thought it might have been a reference to the ending of the tenth chapter.

Did you catch the authors name though? :D

Sally Sparrow was from Ten's time. She probably won't make a reappearance. Because the whole thing played out with Ten, both the TARDIS getting taken, Martha and the Doctor getting caught, and the ending where Sally puts it all together.

In Silence in the Library they didn't know where they were when they were "ghosting" in their data things. I think the only one who said "where am I?" was the first girl who got eaten by the Vashta Nerada, I could totally be wrong about who it was though, but I do remember that.

I don't remember any of the downloaded people having an issue remembering where they were.

I liked the episode, but it felt more like "filler" than anything else. Though two Doctors is always a win, even if one is a data station.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Also, the Empty Child was a Chula Warrior. Basically. And used Omcom to make anything with a speaker grill work. I'm not sure if the Omcom is why Clara appeared in the door viewer thingy, but there's another theory.

Saeleofu

And did you hear the part where she talks about the 11th and says 'I cried my eyes out'? Possible foreshadowing to a regeneration?
Possibly. They are releasing the book as an e-book soon, so it would be interesting to read it!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
One idea I've heard, is nanobots. (I think that's what they're called, I'm having a brain strike right now.) The only other time the telephone which doesn't ring has rung has been in the episode with nanobots. The little healing friendly fellows.

As for the age thing, there's a bajillion theories. Development Gag: The numbers in Clara’s 101 Adventues book skip ages 16 and 23, years in the “classic†Doctor Who run the series didn’t air. 16 years was the gap between the classic series and the 2005 revival. The numbers also imply Clara was born in 1989, the year the series was first cancelled. The first year skipped would then be 2005, when the series was revived, and the second 2012, when Oswald first appeared on the show.

So that's a logistics reason, but there are way cooler ones then that.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
One idea I've heard, is nanobots. (I think that's what they're called, I'm having a brain strike right now.) The only other time the telephone which doesn't ring has rung has been in the episode with nanobots. The little healing friendly fellows.

As for the age thing, there's a bajillion theories. Development Gag: The numbers in Clara’s 101 Adventues book skip ages 16 and 23, years in the “classic†Doctor Who run the series didn’t air. 16 years was the gap between the classic series and the 2005 revival. The numbers also imply Clara was born in 1989, the year the series was first cancelled. The first year skipped would then be 2005, when the series was revived, and the second 2012, when Oswald first appeared on the show.

So that's a logistics reason, but there are way cooler ones then that.

Oh do share! :D

Saeleofu

Development Gag: The numbers in Clara’s 101 Adventues book skip ages 16 and 23, years in the “classic†Doctor Who run the series didn’t air. 16 years was the gap between the classic series and the 2005 revival. The numbers also imply Clara was born in 1989, the year the series was first cancelled. The first year skipped would then be 2005, when the series was revived, and the second 2012, when Oswald first appeared on the show.
Ah, I love this! I didn't know about that, I've been too busy to pick it apart quite as thoroughly as I'd like to.

SHARE ALL THE THEORIES! :rofl1:

Saeleofu

Have you all been following the 50th news? They're bringing back TENNANT AND ZYGONS!!!!! POSSIBLY TENNANT AS A ZYGON!!!! (that last bit's my own theory ;) )

Members online

No members online now.