Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
orange iguanas.

Someone called today wanting to know how they can get rid of their dog. They were given humane society locations. Apparently that is too much for them because their response was "fine, I'm so goddamn sick of this dog I'll just go dump him 'in the country'" and then they hung up. I don't know if they're even being serious or why I'm so emotional about it, but that made me tear up Because all I can do is assume she was for real, and that makes me feel horrible. I hate people.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Are you serious? She's annoyed/disappointed that her school of choice chose to support and endorse someone who seems to be the exact opposite of what the school teaches and why Sael wanted to go there in the first place.

Maybe if you weren't you, Sael wouldn't have gotten so 'overly sensitive' about your reply. But, that's not the case. Sael also was VENTING.

Calling someone 'petty' for something like that is ridiculous. You CAN have your opinions but you don't get to throw your's around. I can't speak for Sael but I'm pretty sure she doesn't get a rat's ass about what you think about CM or her reasons for disliking him.

She wasn't asking for advice. And btw, you didn't 'question her view'. You called her view petty. This has been said again and again. Maybe if you took time to construct your posts into a less offensive and ignorant manner, you wouldn't have people getting offended and wanting to 'bite your head off'. If you want to be taken seriously and not misunderstood, you would work on that. But I think you don't really care or you're lazy. But I'm sure you'll give some great excuses.

And if Sael disagrees with me, I'll be more than happy to retract most of what I said.

Sael, that sucks that your go to college isn't what you wanted it to be.
Lazy? I run a mile every day & work out for 2 hours every day ... I don't think I am lazy

Seems that when opinions differ is when folks get nasty. If everyone agreed the world would be a very boring place.

It's ok, everyone here can think what they want about me, if it bothered me I wouldn't be here anymore ... But I have a very thick skin but remember.

& no it doesn't make sense to me to veto a school based on one guest speaker ... WHICH is why I asked for further explanation so I could have complete understanding of the situation. & yes the way she originally worded it did sound rather petty, sorry to say.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Lazy? I run a mile every day & work out for 2 hours every day ... I don't thinksomething is azy

Seems that when opinions differ is when folks get nasty. If everyone agreed the world would be a very boring place.

It's ok, everyone here can think what they want about me, if it bothered me I wouldn't be here anymore ... But I have a very thick skin but remember.

& no it doesn't make sense to me to veto a school based on one guest speaker ... WHICH is why I asked for further explanation so I could have complete understanding of the situation. & yes the way she originally worded it did sound rather petty, sorry to say.
But that's the thing about the VENTING THREAD. Its a place to vent. Not a place to be asked to explain why something is bothering you. So what if it doesn't make sense to you? I'm sure things you say don't make sense to other people. It's a VENT. Let somebody vent without basically telling them they are stupid for thinking what they think/feeling how they feel.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Sael, that really sucks about Bergen. It's disappointing for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I also won't buy from Build-a-Bear due to their support of Autism Speaks.
Total side note but you might enjoy knowing that since hearing your opinions on that particular org, I've chosen to educate myself on them and now urge others to do the same. I thank you for that, lol.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

I hate being the weekend kennel person. We're full (for Easter, i guess?) and large dogs are pooping in their kennels and then DANCING IN IT. Who does this?!

Also, we euthanized a (relatively) healthy dog because the owners couldn't afford her meds. Not sure why they didn't look into a breed rescue since she was not acting ill. To top it off, it was not a smooth euth.
This was followed up by the saddest guinea pig euth ever. Sedated, so very smooth, but they really loved their little pig.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Wookie Collie

So many things happening and I don't know what to do.

My job... well, I've vented about that. I love both my jobs but I don't make enough money to survive on my own.

I have two options: try and keep my house and keep multiple roomies, or rent on my own and save the house-sale money for when I can get on my feet again. I still don't know if option 1 is financially viable even, and option 2 feels like giving up (and still tough financially).

Matt's still desperately holding on to hope that the relationship will get better, and I can't take it anymore. The desperation is killing me and I'm too vulnerable to say no.

Porom likely has adrenal cancer, and Finnegan's been so ignored amidst everything lately that he's acting out and making me angry.

I wish I didn't have to go through every single day of the past two months feeling sick to my gut nonstop. I need this to stop. I need the right answer.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
It seems as though your posts always have an "edge" to them... Just saying.
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? You're the one who constantly has to insult other people. The only posts of mine that have an "edge" to them are the ones after you **** me off for the 3564th time in 3 days. Just saying.

Quote:
Total side note but you might enjoy knowing that since hearing your opinions on that particular org, I've chosen to educate myself on them and now urge others to do the same. I thank you for that, lol.
Thank you, that is always, ALWAYS good to hear
Old 03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Glutton for Crazy

is facebook down for anyone else?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
is facebook down for anyone else?
Facebook is down for everyone right now. Actually it just loaded this second, so now it's up.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Old 03-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Jin can't get any replies from me because I straight up don't want to talk to him.

So he's harassing my friends and family.

Not sure if this will ever end, honestly.