Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Obey the Toad.

My parents helped us with our down payment and would not accept repayment and we are SO grateful for that help. I found out when they offered that they had done the some thing for my stepbrothers when they bought their first homes as well. We are truly blessed!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
My parents gave us money towards our down payment. We were more than capable of paying the mortgage (and then some), but in order to put 20% down in this area, we had to have nearly $100k saved up. It ended up being that they gave us a little less than half the down payment. I was, however, extremely grateful for it. It was not something I expected, or even asked for--they offered, Zach and I took a long time to discuss it, and we gratefully accepted. We tried to start paying it back in addition to mortgage premiums, but my dad declined.

I think that helping us out financially is my dad's way of saying, "I love you and I'm proud of the choices you're making." He is not one to offer advice or tell me he loves me--he likes to send me frequent flier miles so I can visit for my mom's birthday, and he helped us buy the house because he saw it as a smart financial move when our rent was over $2k/month.

I think also it was his way of making things "fair" with my sister. She lived at home rent-free, eating their food and driving their cars for 4 years after graduation. I never complained that she got free insurance or groceries, but I think it made my dad uncomfortable that they were giving so much to my sister and not to me. This was his way of evening things out.

I haven't seen the show though...I'm sure it's lovely trash television
Your situation is what I mean when I say nothing wrong if they can afford to, and want to....

I'd do the same...... The difference is many of these are kids really, 18-20 who expect it and are extremely ungrateful, and won't consider anything but the perfect house/ condo with sparkling granite counters and all new stainless appliances!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
I don't see anything wrong with helping out if the parents wants to and can afford it, it's just how ungrateful so many of these people are, and fussy!! I saw one show (House Hunters, so not the same show) where this woman wanted a "kids bathroom" with double sinks because no way her kids could ready for school without it! My god! I grew up in a house most of my life with *gasp* one bathroom!!!! I mean a second bath is nice and does make life easier, but you can survive without one that also has to have double sinks...
me too LOL i grew up in a two bedroom one bath home.