Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Nothing like a tough day of INSANITY to remind you that you are totally out of shape

I love this girl
I was cracking up mid video, lol finally some honesty!

I am honestly just on the floor with my laptop right now
sweating
and on the floor unable to move

Everything hurts.
Oi.
My favorite is the girl who goes "I wanna leave." Lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 AM
Let it be

I am buying a skipping rope because skipping is great cardio.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Tonight is going to be an "all nighter" at work, so I made sure I worked out this morning. I think I like that better than a hard evening workout. As long as I can drag my sorry butt out of bed in the morning, I'm going to do that more often.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Let it be

If I don't get active first thing I am so muc h less likely to be active that day.

Went on a 3.5 hour walk with the dog and kids. It was exhausting.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Resident fainting goat

Day 12 of insanity.
Actually puked up water today..that's a new one took some big gulps and then did some jumps and well.. barf.

I am currently sweating like a pig on the floor of my apartment.

Hate the during.
Love the feeling after lol I take a shower and sleep like a BABY!

If I last through the whole program I want a medal

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

Fran, are you sore everywhere from the Insanity workout??

I was looking at the Power 90, P90X and Insanity and trying to decide which one I wanted to try. I ended up just going with the Power 90 because I tried the P90X maybe a year ago? and it was waaayy too hard! Pull ups, push ups pull ups push ups, I couldn't do that for 90 minutes!

But I do know Insanity is more cardio and less strength training. Since I don't want to be too buff and I want better endurance I was contemplating it... How are you liking it?

The Power 90 is really not too bad, I'm only starting week 3 tomorrow but it takes between 30-45 minutes a day (I do it in the morning) and I do feel that I'm getting stronger since I can do the military push ups in the video now where I was never able to do before. For those of you wanting to add some strength training into your routine or those beginning to exercise and are not incredibly fit, I highly recommend it! I picked it because I still have a month of school/exams/papers to finish up and can't find time to do 90 minutes of exercising a day and also because Insanity terrifies me....I might try that after lol.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir View Post
Fran, are you sore everywhere from the Insanity workout??

I was looking at the Power 90, P90X and Insanity and trying to decide which one I wanted to try. I ended up just going with the Power 90 because I tried the P90X maybe a year ago? and it was waaayy too hard! Pull ups, push ups pull ups push ups, I couldn't do that for 90 minutes!

But I do know Insanity is more cardio and less strength training. Since I don't want to be too buff and I want better endurance I was contemplating it... How are you liking it?

The Power 90 is really not too bad, I'm only starting week 3 tomorrow but it takes between 30-45 minutes a day (I do it in the morning) and I do feel that I'm getting stronger since I can do the military push ups in the video now where I was never able to do before. For those of you wanting to add some strength training into your routine or those beginning to exercise and are not incredibly fit, I highly recommend it! I picked it because I still have a month of school/exams/papers to finish up and can't find time to do 90 minutes of exercising a day and also because Insanity terrifies me....I might try that after lol.
I am pretty sore everywhere thanks to insanity, I am pretty familiar with P90x and yea, insanity is A LOT more cardio and sweat.
I, like you, lack strength (which I'm working on) but videos that concentrate so much on pull ups/push ups etc.. don't do it for me. I just end up giving up, I HAVE WEAK SAD ARMS!! LOL

Here are some links to the insanity videos and a bunch of others (..a little less than legal lol) if you'd like to give it a try and see what it's like
http://hula-hips.tumblr.com/tagged/workoutlinks

and the calendar to follow

I like it a lot.
It's really hard but it's never boring. The exercises are simple for the most part and you really feel like you do A LOT for 50 minutes. I end up in a sweaty heap on the floor, every time. There are recovery days and really great stretches and breaks as well.

It's plenty of cardio (which is really what I wanted) but it has enough strength training in there that I am improving!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Today was fit club. We did Rockin body Disco groove. Super fun and a great cardio workout. My coach was thrilled that I kept up the pace through the whole thing . Not an easy workout but very fun

Rockin body is also done by Shaun T

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Just finished my workout.

I am rocking super mom status today lol. Had co op this morning and then we came home and I cleaned the heck out of the house and did the laundry. Bathed the child and got my workout in. I was supposed to do fat burning cardio today but since 25 minutes was about as long as I was going to get for a workout I wanted something a little more. So I put on Rockin body Party express an sweated my butt off lol (literally? Lol).

Took my pulse when we started cooldown and it was 156 I still have dinner to make, a shower to take and worship team practice tonight lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Reading inspirational marathon and half-marathon posts because I'm feeling rather low about... everything right now. And read one which reminded me of last year. There's a point where the full and the half-marathon split off. "Full marathoners go in this lane. Half-marathoners go in this lane." I read the sign. I read it, read it, read it again, and I got in the proper lane.

And after I passed the branching off point, I was suddenly overwhelmed with panic, looked around, spotted people behind me without headphones in and asked them "hey this is still the half-marathon path right? I read that sign right??" Yes, yes I had, but we were all laughing perhaps a little too hysterically about the fact that I had to check.

That was I think about mile 12 and my brain was NOT functioning properly anymore at that point, hence why I had to check and check and double-check.

Why would anybody willingly do this to themselves?! What is wrong with me?!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog