Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
"Reserved" is how I would put the one I met, once introduced he was a really great dog!
Yep, I think that's pretty typical, though some love attention.

Quote:
I did seriously look into them though, but due to their still rarity at the time, and the fact I was actually told it would have been cheaper even for me to fly over to France and bring one back than what they were charging over here, and that they were also at the time still not AKC registered (I wanted to compete, and that's pretty much THE dominate registry for competition here), I let the idea float away.
They are definitely showing a lot in AKC. They are in Miscellaneous now, but I figure with the dedication I've been seeing, they'll be in Herding Group soon enough.

I don't know what the price is these days. Usually when a breed is very rare in the US, they will be expensive. I remember a Podengo Pequeno breeder wanting $2,500 for a puppy, but in Portugal you can get one for $600. (I know a guy in Portugal who is a Laekenois breeder and used to breed PP. ) Seems like they do a lot of herding, also.

The only thing I don't like about the BP is the ears. No offence, but they are quite large.