Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Does this have any correlation with Fred's consultation/scan? :-/
Los of things, not all dog related!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
The self-proclaimed BFFs (Rumor and Little Kitty) have finally mastered the art of cross-species communication. The black monster knocked a container of rice off the counter so the red monster could open it for the both of them.
I LOLed at your misfortune.

<3

Please don't hate me.

Middie has decided to be an asshole and forget his leash training. He pulled everywhere this morning, ate roadkill off the street before I could get it out of his mouth, and pulled me over a patch of ice. Gravity won that competition, and now I hurt.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Umm I'm about to pack this scrawny ass beezer and ship him to the first taker... Just need a big enough box for him. Because crate whining.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Umm I'm about to pack this scrawny ass beezer and ship him to the first taker... Just need a big enough box for him. Because crate whining.
Holy crapzilla, he is STILL whining in the crate??

Do you guys give him ANY interaction when he is whining in there? Like, even occasionally telling him to shut up? lol

If not, and he is STILL whining, have you tried like a Manners Minder to reinforce him when he shuts up?

You have the patience of a saint. I probably would have killed him by now. I cannot stand whiney dogs.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Holy crapzilla, he is STILL whining in the crate??

Do you guys give him ANY interaction when he is whining in there? Like, even occasionally telling him to shut up? lol

If not, and he is STILL whining, have you tried like a Manners Minder to reinforce him when he shuts up?

You have the patience of a saint. I probably would have killed him by now. I cannot stand whiney dogs.
Yup he still does it. Not as often as he used to, but enough to make me want to claw my ears from time to time.

I've tried frozen kongs, Kong wobbler, different toys filled with kibble/treats/cheese/PB. I've tried hiding random kibble and treats in different places in his crate and in his blankets. I've tried antler chews, bully sticks, himalayan chews, starmark toys that you can fill with treats and then plug with the everlasting treat things. Some of that stuff will occupy him temporarily but as soon as he finishes he starts to whine again and there is only so much treats/chews I'm willing to give him. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten fat lol.

We have tried covering his entire crate with a blanket which helps somewhat except now he has decided to start pulling the blanket into the crate. I've tried completely ignoring him and I've lost my patience at times and yelled at him, but yelling at him makes him do it even more.

Haven't tried the Manners Minder yet, but a coworker suggested it as well. Just need to save up for one.

He only does it in the crate and the car. I tried Bamm's thundershirt on him the other night and it fits him so I'm going to see if that helps any.

I've also contemplated trying him in an airline crate. Would have to find a used one big enough for him. He has that tallish awkward long typical sighthound type of figure.

Eta: oh and I don't like whiney dogs too... Like... Really cannot stand it when dogs whine.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Plus One

My shoulders feel like they've been pulled out of their sockets! After over a month's rest Amber was a little fresh for jumping today and it took everything I have to get her to behave. So much pain!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I LOLed at your misfortune.

<3

Please don't hate me.
I will ship the both of them to you. They're the Destructo Duo.

Quote:
Rumor was a crate screamer as a puppy, and she will still whine and sing and scream every now and then. Want to borrow her to make you feel better about Joey?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Kung Pow Fish

HOW ****ING HARD IS IT TO GET A ****ING BOX OF CAKE MIX AT THE STORE, YOU STUPID ****ING EXPLETIVE?! "they didnt have any" IS A LOAD OF ****ING **** AND YOU KNOW IT JFC
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

People who don't share your political views, and when you voice yours just in an "this is what I'm going to be discussing for my class" way, they get completely defensive and shoot down everything that comes out of your mouth.

W. T. F.

Who cares if you think how the government is handling the current state of the economy is fine, and what I think needs to change in order for the economy to recover is complete bullshit. Thank you for essentially telling me I'm an idiot and full of crap simply because I don't see things your way.

I hate politics. It turns people into complete asshats.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Yup he still does it. Not as often as he used to, but enough to make me want to claw my ears from time to time.

I've tried frozen kongs, Kong wobbler, different toys filled with kibble/treats/cheese/PB. I've tried hiding random kibble and treats in different places in his crate and in his blankets. I've tried antler chews, bully sticks, himalayan chews, starmark toys that you can fill with treats and then plug with the everlasting treat things. Some of that stuff will occupy him temporarily but as soon as he finishes he starts to whine again and there is only so much treats/chews I'm willing to give him. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten fat lol.

We have tried covering his entire crate with a blanket which helps somewhat except now he has decided to start pulling the blanket into the crate. I've tried completely ignoring him and I've lost my patience at times and yelled at him, but yelling at him makes him do it even more.

Haven't tried the Manners Minder yet, but a coworker suggested it as well. Just need to save up for one.

He only does it in the crate and the car. I tried Bamm's thundershirt on him the other night and it fits him so I'm going to see if that helps any.

I've also contemplated trying him in an airline crate. Would have to find a used one big enough for him. He has that tallish awkward long typical sighthound type of figure.

Eta: oh and I don't like whiney dogs too... Like... Really cannot stand it when dogs whine.
Where is his crate? Bear when he was young was a whiner his crate as in my room when he would start I would give him one warning to be quiet, if he didn't then I would take the crate with him in it & out it in the furthest room of the house, put some white noise on & let him deal.