Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
In the event if its cheaper, do they offer the same knotch care as a reg OB/GYN or DR clinic?
Yes. I go to a private gyno in Miami, one of the best in the city. I go to PP when I'm away at school, and the care/technology/wait time for tests is about the same.

The wait time to get an appointment is sometimes longer at PP, it's a major city full of students, so I sometimes have to wait a week for regular checkups. But otherwise, much of the same.

The office/waiting room isn't as fancy, that's really the only difference I've noticed. I mean, it's a larger center to be used by the public. So it's understandable that they don't have modern art in the lobby and a espresso machine but it's clean, modern, the technology and care is there, so who cares really? lol

they are also a lot more used to students and are used to A LOT of different BC methods. I found PP more knowledgable about new BCs and side effects and everything else than my gyno. Who, as a private doctor, has the luxury of being pretty set in her "ways" and BC methods.

It's also nice that it's a one stop shop. All testing, lab work etc.. is done in house. So no going anywhere else or referrals or calling other labs etc.. etc..

I'm a big fan of planned parenthood and all they do. Personally.

*that said, it does also depend on the private doctor and PP.
Some private doctors..suck, majorly.
some PP I'm sure are sucks as well.
but then again, at least all PP have policies and rules and universal knowledge within their staff.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.

Last edited by Fran101; 03-26-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
AND MAKE SURE BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER GET TESTED.
GETTING TESTED IS SEXY!
Ok, not it's not.
Can I disagree here? I told someone once that I require testing and his response was "as do I." I thought that was pretty hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
BTW, if you have a care provider who is refusing to do a tubal or other permanent form of BC before you hit a certain age you should seek a second or third opinion. There are NO age requirements for permanent birth control unless you are on Medicaid, in which case tubals aren't covered until after age 21.

You're paying the doctor and have final say in all health care decisions, they need to respect your choices!
Good advice. I may start pushing for a tubal again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I've been lucky in that condoms dont bother me at all, in fact, I prefer them (TMI but I love not having a mess - I get to be the one to roll over and go to sleep
This is a good point. A lot of women feel this way! And I completely get it.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Siri thinks that condoms are a GREAT idea!

As in, a couple days after we brought her home she grabbed a sheet of them off our night stand and came parading around the living room with them

We all thought it was rather hilarious. And by we I mean Ryan, Megan and I, since Megan is here basically all the time

This is all I really have to add.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Siri thinks that condoms are a GREAT idea!

As in, a couple days after we brought her home she grabbed a sheet of them off our night stand and came parading around the living room with them

We all thought it was rather hilarious. And by we I mean Ryan, Megan and I, since Megan is here basically all the time

This is all I really have to add.
HA!