Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

Question Here We Go Again!

So... I thought I wanted a Miniature Schnauzer, and they are still a possible breed, but I would like to see what you think. AdrianneIsabel prompted this thread, since she brought up a few other breeds that might better suit me. (Thanks, Adrianne!)

I want the following:

Under 25lbs
Not very vocal/limited barking
Off switch
Little/no shedding
Doesn't need groomed often
Doesn't need 'clothes' (A winter coat is fine but I live in a very... interesting climate and I'm not a big doggie clothes fan. Bandannas are fine and welcome, though!)
No brachy breeds
Not fragile (Gwen likes to play rough)
Nothing too 'designer' or 'girly' (it's going to be a male and I just feel weird having a male dog being prettier than my Gwen )
Something easy to find (I prefer to have a breeder near me ((within 6 hours)) and that might rule out some suitable breeds)
Doesn't have to be athletic but swimming is a huge plus
Playful (I already have a VERY reserved dog, I would like a more friendly dog. Not to the extent of a lab, but something a bit more "Hi!")
Not known for being DR, DA (We like to go to the dog park!)

I'm really just looking for a dog that will bring Gwen out of her shell and make her not be a spoiled brat. We like to go to parks and lake in the summer but we are not really 'outdoorsy' people. A dog that would be fine with a couple of walks and some snuggle time.

While I would like to keep my price down, I understand that it's difficult if not impossible to find a 'good' breeder that sells puppies anywhere near $200. I am willing to pay more, but it would be awesome if the breeder has a payment plan of sorts. (I can afford the dog, just a bit of sticker shock and I don't want my boyfriend to leave me )

My top breeds currently: Mini Schnauzer, Cocker Spaniel (unsure of the type yet, need more information on them) and perhaps Mini Poodles. I also like several terrier breeds.

I appreciate all of the information and help that I've gotten so far. I REALLY want to get the 'right' dog and this is all so new to me. Bear with me

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp