Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Twin 2

Default Headbands?

Ok, this feels like a silly question but I'm hoping maybe someone here has some suggestions.

I'm currently contemplating growing out my bangs. Maybe. If I can get past the annoying inbetween phase. But, to do that I need some decent headbands and it seems like all the ones I buy stretch out really fast while wearing them.

So, anyone have any brands or kinds that look decent but don't stretch out super fast? Maybe that's just not the way headbands are and I'm looking way to much into it though, that's a possibility.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

I've never had the plastic/hard kind stretch out. I'm a huge fan of the cutesy ones with bows and flowers on them
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I honestly just buy the cheep ones in the pharmacy - then I again I only wear them to put on make-up or something.

I usually put my bangs back with bobby pins if they are getting too long/I'm letting them grow out.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

I like the big thick ones that can be opened up into kerchief like things as well....or today I am just wearing a thin braided leather one that is holding well.

My favorite for growing out bangs though it to french braid them back to the side (or twist if you prefer) as headbands often annoy me[/LIST]
Old 03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Twin 2

The plastic ones give me such a headache, I think where they hit just hurts too much for me. Slightly a baby

Gypsy, I work at a pharmacy and for the past six years that's where I've gotten all mine but they are the reason I'm making this thread They all stretch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I like the big thick ones that can be opened up into kerchief like things as well....or today I am just wearing a thin braided leather one that is holding well.

My favorite for growing out bangs though it to french braid them back to the side (or twist if you prefer) as headbands often annoy me[/LIST]
I actually do that a lot, but I don't want to be stuck with just that option everyday and I want something for around the house because if they start getting annoying I'm going to cave and cut them again. Though, to be honest I don't mind bangs and might just use headbands as a option for the days I want them GONE NOW.

I'm going to look into the bigger ones though! They might still stretch out but I doubt it would be as bad/noticeable
Old 03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
I usually put my bangs back with bobby pins if they are getting too long/I'm letting them grow out.
Same here! Twist them and then pin them back with a bobby pin, use two and make an X with the bobby pins. It's super cute when they're twisted back too.

I have fabric ones that I buy, those big wide ones that are maybe an inch and a half thick. Those are the ones I use at night when I'm washing my face or when I put on makeup in the morning. I also have some thinner Goody elastic "athletic" ones that I use at the gym, but those don't actually stay put. I have to put them on, then use bobby pins to make them stay. Not as advertised. >=<
Otherwise I have some cute cheap plastic or fabric-covered ones that I bought either at the dollar spot at Target or Forever 21. If you put them on a bucket or something round, you can kind of stretch them out!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

Something like this is what I prefer. They can be fairly narrow if you want or can open to full coverage (though mine are more hippy type fabrics,tie dye, batik, etc lol)

Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Stinky Butt

I have a friend who makes fabric ones and sells them in her Etsy shop. She uses her daughter as her model, but I have seen pictures of her wearing them as well. I know she makes them to be worn by women as well as girls.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Behavior Nerd

I have several I like from Busy Bee Headbands (on fb and online: http://www.busybeeheadbands.com/). So far I've not gotten headaches, had them slip, or have issues with stretching and they have a ton of ribbon options.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjean View Post
I have a friend who makes fabric ones and sells them in her Etsy shop. She uses her daughter as her model, but I have seen pictures of her wearing them as well. I know she makes them to be worn by women as well as girls.
I'll check her out! I see she has adjustable ones, that might be perfect for what I'm looking for! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Something like this is what I prefer. They can be fairly narrow if you want or can open to full coverage (though mine are more hippy type fabrics,tie dye, batik, etc lol)

Oooh I really like those!!