Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
Never seen pink margarine, so I'd say at least not around here...

What's a burpee?

I never thought of jump rope! That's a great idea!!
Lol I wish I could jump rope but I am waaaaY too clumsy for that.... I can't even ride a bike :/

Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
What's a burpee?

Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.

As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009...-build-muscle/

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Kung Pow Fish

zomg you have a red egg i hate you FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U i keep seeing them and then im too slow to grab them D:
To change the world
To reach the farthest star
If we should stay silent
If fear should win our hearts
Our light will have long diminished
Before it reaches the farthest star"

-Ronan Harris, NVN Nation
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

Not as bad as people make them out to be, I think they are actually kind of fun. (Then again I am also the girl who runs half-marathons "for fun" so take that as you will.) But I hate the name. "Burpee?" Ugliest name for an exercise ever.

As far as strength training goes, there's pretty much no reason not to do it. Or rather no good reason. Here's an article on a beginning body weight workout and a video demonstrating moves as well:

Even if they're talking about weight lifting, I do NOT agree with waiting on that and concentrating on cardio. Because when you strength train - via lifting weights or just body weight exercises - you build muscle, which helps your body burn fat even in a resting state. The advice to not do strength training and focus on cardio is rotten advice and you should ignore it. You absolutely need to do strength training.
As a beginner to "burpees" how many would you recommend I start out with? I run 7/10ths of a mile every other day

Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
As a beginner to "burpees" how many would you recommend I start out with? I run 7/10ths of a mile every other day
As many as you can do in 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds, then do as many as you can do in 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds, then do as many as you can do in 30 seconds again.

Basically three reps of as many as you can do in 30 seconds with a 60 second break between them. If that's too easy, next time you do a strength training workout do as many as you can do in 45 seconds.

Alternatively you can stick the 30/45 seconds into a strength training circuit and do three rounds of the circuit.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

THIS, just all this!!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Well I'm convinced! I'm adding some strength training in, just trying to decide where to start..
Old 03-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
zomg you have a red egg i hate you FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U i keep seeing them and then im too slow to grab them D:
I have many many reds (20 at my last count) I breed my own lol.

I also have TWO alternate dark greens (very rare) & over 10 vamps (also very rare)

(SERIOUSLY OT I know but I'm really proud ) here is my scroll link, check it out if you want : http://dragcave.net/user/Norma_Dragoness