Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

Those vitamins sound great, and that's all I've ever taken.

Who said don't start with strength training yet? A doctor or professional, or just someone somewhere? I think doing something with small weights (even just 2 or 5 lbs) or even just your own body weight (push-ups, crunches) would help increase your metabolism and make you appear slimmer and feel stronger than just cardio.

Swimming is also an excellent exercise, if you have access to water.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Top Dog

I read it a few places, but I think now looking back they were talking more about lifting etc..

I have some small weights at home and want to start doing push ups and so on, I'm so out of shape a push up or sit up is not a pretty thing!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

http://m.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133791 -I take this (sorry for the link ... It's a PITA to post pics on the phone, I know it's a hair vite but it's complete enough for me to use it as a multi (since most multis upset my tummy)

For weight loss / appetite control I take this believe it or not-

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...Berry/13352479

I actually like the one with just the hoodia that sells at many dollar general stores but Walmart is more convenient. You take one pill in the morning after breakfast & one after lunch/dinner & it really pulls the lbs off, not only that, it curbs appetite (I never feel hungry on it unles I have not eaten Ll day or something ) & it helps with bloating/excess water. I love it AND its only like $6 at the most.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

Waiting on the strength training is definitely bad advice. Body weight exercises would be great for you right now. Push ups (if you can't do them start with 1 minute planks and build up), burpees, lunges, crunches, squats, squats, squats. Building muscle will help you lose the fat faster and strength training while losing fat helps minimize the sagging skin. You will also already have the strong tone muscles underneath the fat so you'll be 10 steps ahead when you get to a lower weight and the muscle tone shows.

This is my first time trying to lose fat WHILE strength training and it has worked miracles! I firmly believe it is THE factor that made this time different. It has made the weight come off faster and I have not hit a single plateau at all. I weigh less EVERY week!

GOOD LUCK!

Sorry, I have no input on vitamins. Alls I know is I feel really good as long as I eat a well-rounded diet and stick to whole foods. I just try to eat as many different color, natural foods a day as I can. lol

Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Top Dog

I totally understand not know where/how to start. I never would have been able to without a class or trainer. Even now that I know what to do I don't fully believe that I will be able to ever do it by myself. I'm just not motivated on my own. I need a "leader".

Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

I do squats , push ups strength training, & running. Every other day I run on the running off days I strength train

Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
I do use the reduced fat Renee's but that's it, I use extra virgin olive oil and real butter (margarine kinda freaks me out)
Weird question, but is it true that in Canada margarine is pink?

The key to making from scratch oatmeal taste good is raw honey. Raw honey, and heavy whipping cream. You don't need a lot of cream but oh my gosh it makes all the difference in the world.

I use grass fed organic for anything dairy. If I had a reliable raw source I'd go with that, but if you're using dairy the top priority should be grass fed, then organic after that. Especially if you're using whole fat dairy because that's where all the toxins go. The dairy being grass fed changes the nutrient profile, much like feeding chickens flax seed changes the nutritional content.

Grass fed milk is high in vitamin K2 (not the same thing in leafy veggies). It moves the calcium out of your bloodstream to your skeleton, so you don't get calcified deposits in your arteries.

Make sure whatever vitamins you take are easily digestible. I take two chewable children's vitamins a day, because I know they're going to get absorbed. Beyond that, I use vitamin B complex and folic acid supplements because I'm celiac and don't have any fortified cereal grains in my diet. Fish oil, MSM, a daily chewable vitamin D/magnesium/calcium, and astaxanthin (really really good for your eyes and nervous system).

I also take chlorophyll because my nose is sensitive and it makes me have less BO. lol

Exercise and weight training are great. I do burpees every day. Jump rope is awesome. There are a lot of great youtube workout videos people have made. The nice thing about them is you can change up your workout a lot and not get bored while trying out different videos and working different muscle groups.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Active Pup

Tháo d***7905;, b***7843;o d***432;***7905;ng, l***7855;p ***273;***7863;t ***273;i***7873;u ḥa giá r***7867; nh***7845;t Hà N***7897;i.

Liên hê ***273;***7875; ***273;***432;***7907;c báo giá t***7889;t nh***7845;t. (không r***7867; không l***7845;y ti***7873;n)

Hotline: Mr Ph***432;***417;ng: 0904785139
Old 03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Weird question, but is it true that in Canada margarine is pink?

The key to making from scratch oatmeal taste good is raw honey. Raw honey, and heavy whipping cream. You don't need a lot of cream but oh my gosh it makes all the difference in the world.

I use grass fed organic for anything dairy. If I had a reliable raw source I'd go with that, but if you're using dairy the top priority should be grass fed, then organic after that. Especially if you're using whole fat dairy because that's where all the toxins go. The dairy being grass fed changes the nutrient profile, much like feeding chickens flax seed changes the nutritional content.

Grass fed milk is high in vitamin K2 (not the same thing in leafy veggies). It moves the calcium out of your bloodstream to your skeleton, so you don't get calcified deposits in your arteries.

Make sure whatever vitamins you take are easily digestible. I take two chewable children's vitamins a day, because I know they're going to get absorbed. Beyond that, I use vitamin B complex and folic acid supplements because I'm celiac and don't have any fortified cereal grains in my diet. Fish oil, MSM, a daily chewable vitamin D/magnesium/calcium, and astaxanthin (really really good for your eyes and nervous system).

I also take chlorophyll because my nose is sensitive and it makes me have less BO. lol

Exercise and weight training are great. I do burpees every day. Jump rope is awesome. There are a lot of great youtube workout videos people have made. The nice thing about them is you can change up your workout a lot and not get bored while trying out different videos and working different muscle groups.
Never seen pink margarine, so I'd say at least not around here...

What's a burpee?

I never thought of jump rope! That's a great idea!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Jump rope is pretty high impact, so if you're overweight I'd check with your doctor first, it could be tough on joints. Doing it on grass or dirt would probably be ok, but I'd still check.

Definitely look into work out videos on youtube. If you have a laptop, you can do them easily anywhere at home. Just look up beginning strength training or beginning exercise for weight loss or to increase metabolism.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com