Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My everything hurts from all the shoveling yesterday. My back is killing me, this morning my shoulders and neck are super sore, and just now my arms and wrists started to ache too.

I slept really well, I thought, and woke up feeling rested... but I'm exhausted now. I guess my body needed more sleep than I got.

Stupid spring snow storm.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Top Dog

Thought we were making progress with getting a puppy from a breeder. I've been talking to Chazzers and breeders about puppies. Have been constantly mentioning it to my boyfriend and asking him how he feels. Got told today "We'll probably end up going to a shelter because it costs more than $200."

.....I just spent a week asking you what you thought about getting a puppy from a breeder, you saw the prices. We've discussed this. And NOW you're all "Nopenopenope." I've TOLD you why I don't want a shelter puppy. Like a thousand times. Thanks for letting me do all that work and look like an idiot.

Ugh!!!

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Thought we were making progress with getting a puppy from a breeder. I've been talking to Chazzers and breeders about puppies. Have been constantly mentioning it to my boyfriend and asking him how he feels. Got told today "We'll probably end up going to a shelter because it costs more than $200."

.....I just spent a week asking you what you thought about getting a puppy from a breeder, you saw the prices. We've discussed this. And NOW you're all "Nopenopenope." I've TOLD you why I don't want a shelter puppy. Like a thousand times. Thanks for letting me do all that work and look like an idiot.

Ugh!!!
I may have missed the why not but you could probably get a wonderful dog off craigslist or from a shelter or rescue for that price tag.

I do feel ya on the other half being flip floppy though, that sucks.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

Ugh!!!
:/ Maybe work on saving up on your own to show him YOU can afford it, without him... and he'll be more game/on board?

I know my boyfriend would not help pay for any dog of mine (not sure if that's the case here..?) but will let me spend whatever I'd like on a dog, and just call me crazy for it later.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Kung Pow Fish

today my name is Alexander, and 80s children will know what Im talking about
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:

Ugh!!!
I would just get a pup from a breeder anyway I would set aside MY money in a seperate account just for that & that way he couldnt say anything because its your money.

My OH also says no more dogs ... He goes from saying "whatever you want, honey" to "I don't care (which is what I think he really thinks most of the time" to "we don't have the time/money" uh ... Wut? I am off for the next few months ... I have nothing but time! But whatever dude
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

My upstairs neighbor, who is both crazy AND a bitch, was gone for like 10 blissful days with her little yappers. She came back last night and so we're treated to the sound of constant barking from her Poms, starting at 7am when she leaves for work. But don't worry, it should only continue for the next 12 hours, until she gets home and then... Oh wait, she lets them bark when she's home too. Ugh.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Top Dog

I think I will just do it all on my own. I was hoping we could do it as a team but whatever. I can afford it.

I don't want a shelter puppy because... I want to know the breed so I know what to expect. I want a certain type of dog. I don't like many small breeds so that's a big reason. Puppies are cute but what if this terrier mix turns into a chi-poo? Not what I want. And I have a shelter dog. And I volunteer. I feel like I do my part. Lol.

He'll up being annoyed but he'll get over it. I'm picking a good breed for us. Even a small breed that is more 'manly'. I just wish he would stop confusing me. He can't say no to me, but this flip flopping is just as bad. Sucks because we do a lot together and I'm really excited about this...

But thanks guys : ) Now I don't feel bad about going through with it.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Now you need to tell us what breed!?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

Miniature Schnauzer. If I can find the 'right' breeder!