Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Default Bedding?

I am on a hunt for sheets and a quilt. I have high thread count sheets right now (1600 or some such) and I'm not really pleased with the ones I have. They're very soft, a little clingy, pretty warm. I am looking for sheets that are more crisp, smooth, cool...I have a couple of friends that sheets like this when I stay over and they are amazing - and I haven't found out where they got them. So, suggestions?

Also, quilts. The last few I've ordered have been very light and not very quilt-like, more like bedspreads. I want something multi colored (to hide dog hair), machine washable, heavy and very quilt like feeling (again with the coolness). Help?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Agility freak!

I have no suggestions for you, but I'll be paying attention to this, because I am always looking for reasonable priced, GOOD sheets for a king sized bed.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I have microfiber sheets and love them. They never get hot and irritating like normal sheets. Plus they never wrinkle. They're nothing special, though. I got them at Target, lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

I have a set of blue sheets that are very nice, heavy, crisp, and cool. I don't remember where I got them, but it was either Dillon's or WalMart. They were pretty cheap.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Resident fainting goat

This is going to sound crazy. But let me start by saying, I own A LOT of sheets, from just about every price range and material and thread count. (I have pottery barn, west elm, Calvin klein, Ikea, LL bean flannel, and even fancy silk sheets my parents got me for graduation..)

but honestly, one of the only sheets that give me that cool, soft, really great clean feeling when I climb in..
Kirkland Signature 500 TC Pima Cotton Sheet Sets.
GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME THEY ARE AMAZING!

I don't know what it is. The thread count is only 540 (bearing in mind, the validity of thread count and what it means/how much brands lie/who enforces these things is highly debated)
I have the kirkland sateen sheets as well, all pretty awesome!

They are like $60 on average. and while I don't assume they are going to last forever, I am very happy with them.

Go ahead and google them. I am not the only sheet snob that is amazed at these cheap wonders

I bought them on a whim at cosco because I had guests coming and didn't want them using my sheets.
and did the laundry, put them on the bed and was like HOLY CRAP I LOVE THEM!
Now they are one of my favorite sheet sets!!

That said.. I also love my organic sheets from west elm! Those would be worth looking at
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

They aren't crisp, but I <3 my jersey sheets from Target - suuuuper comfy all season sheets. I tried some microfiber ones and wasnt a huge fan.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:06 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
They aren't crisp, but I <3 my jersey sheets from Target - suuuuper comfy all season sheets. I tried some microfiber ones and wasnt a huge fan.
Well, if you like jersey sheets, you may not like microfiber sheets then, FG. I hate jersey sheets but love microfiber. I hate flannel sheets as well. I find both to be super clingy and warm and mushy and icky.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I think I'd sleep on the mattress before I slept on microfiber, but I think that's just a me think. Microfiber literally makes my head hurt lol. Maybe an autism thing, but even thinking about the feeling makes me panicky.

I had a really nice set of egyptian cotton sheets I LOVED, but they were for a twin, and two people and a dog don't fit on a twin very well, so we upgraded and I haven't found a set of king size that I could afford lol.

I buy sheets at Kohls and Ross and they're super cheap and usually very nice. I feel them before I buy them though. I do like flannel and jersey sheets also.

As far as heavy quilt like feeling, have you thought about a down comforter and a duvet? You can buy all different kinds of duvets, some of them are really freaking cute and awesome, especially from Ikea, but the down comforter is where you're going to spend some money. A nice one for a king sized bed usually starts at around 100 bucks. Plus anywhere from 20 to 80 for the duvet. My mom has a down comforter that was around 200 dollars and on of her duvets is heavy like, brocade almost. It weighs a TON. I love it.

But the duvet itself also cost about 200 bucks, from like Macys I think.

I have a 100 dollar down comforter and a 40 dollar duvet on my bed, with a ratty old blanket from my childhood hiding underneath it and an electric blanket and just those two really, the electric blanket and the comforter/duvet weigh a LOT. The blanket is pretty threadbare so I hide it between covers, but I can't sleep without it lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think I'd sleep on the mattress before I slept on microfiber, but I think that's just a me think. Microfiber literally makes my head hurt lol. Maybe an autism thing, but even thinking about the feeling makes me panicky.
I can't stand microfibre either, ewwwwwwwww. I also don't like flannel or jersey sheets. Or satin for the most part.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Behavior Nerd

Oh and these sheets rock. Despite the low thread count they are really nice!

http://www.target.com/p/threshold-32..._qi_detaillink