Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Thanks! I wish he were more social, but at least he's pretty to look at hahaha


Everyone's cresties look great! Have you all been able to combat the addiction?
So far hahahaha! I want another already, but I want Ten to grow up a bit first. And I'll have to purchase an adult female when I do go to add another.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Everyone's cresties look great! Have you all been able to combat the addiction?
So far, only because I can't get another one right now. But I am in negotiations for a 25g tall tank. And then I'll have a spare exo-terra...

I really want a yellow superdal female with red and black spots. Some day.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,256
Default

When I turned 18 and for some reason got it into my head that I really really wanted a chameleon. I mean, I just loved the idea of them and really just..wanted one. There was a pet shop near my home that had babies and they were so cute and would just sit on your finger

Got into research and learned they are very hard keepers so that never happened but still, love seeing all the guys in this thread!

I'm not a reptile person, but I do find them all very fascinating!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
When I turned 18 and for some reason got it into my head that I really really wanted a chameleon. I mean, I just loved the idea of them and really just..wanted one. There was a pet shop near my home that had babies and they were so cute and would just sit on your finger

Got into research and learned they are very hard keepers so that never happened but still, love seeing all the guys in this thread!

I'm not a reptile person, but I do find them all very fascinating!
Yeah chameleons are really awesome but are too much for me (right now anyways). Plus they do best in a screen cage which isn't as nice for viewing IMO. Cresties eat a premade food and basically only require daily misting and checkups on their condition (make sure they're eating, their temperature and humidity are OK etc). They're fine at most room temperatures, they don't need special lighting, etc. I find they're less work than my fish and soo cute and pretty interactive. If you ever want to get a reptile I recommend them!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
They're less work than fish and soo cute and pretty interactive. Their feet are adorable.
All this.

Jagger likes to type. If I have him out near the computer he can't resist flinging himself at the keyboard He's very social compared to any other crestie I've seen. He loves to just sit on me and chill, hand-walk, jump around from hand to hand to arm to chest to head, etc. He's just a really awesome lizard.

I've also given him the Big Fat Gecko smoothie mix a few times instead of the Repashy, and HOLY CRAP he loves it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Locke's Avatar
Locke Locke is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Yeah chameleons are really awesome but are too much for me (right now anyways). Plus they do best in a screen cage which isn't as nice for viewing IMO. Cresties eat a premade food and basically only require daily misting and checkups on their condition (make sure they're eating, their temperature and humidity are OK etc). They're fine at most room temperatures, they don't need special lighting, etc. I find they're less work than my fish and soo cute and pretty interactive. If you ever want to get a reptile I recommend them!
All this!! I have been a reptile fan since I was little, but the live bugs and special lighting had always kept me from getting one. Then I stumbled across crested geckos, and that was that.

It's also REALLY fun building a vivarium and growing live plants. It's almost as exciting as the gecko!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

I've been expanding Jagger's diet. Bits of fresh fruit, a dab of honey, BFG instead of CGD, and finally crickets. The crickets are gut-loading right now, I'll probably feed them out tomorrow night. I got 15 small crickets, we'll see how much he eats!

Dis MY banana. MINE.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:19 AM
GatorDog's Avatar
GatorDog GatorDog is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I've been expanding Jagger's diet. Bits of fresh fruit, a dab of honey, BFG instead of CGD, and finally crickets. The crickets are gut-loading right now, I'll probably feed them out tomorrow night. I got 15 small crickets, we'll see how much he eats!

Dis MY banana. MINE.
SO cute! Mine love crickets. I usually end up taking them out of the tank to feed them though because them taking mouthfuls of the eco earth makes me really nervous.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 PM
PalmettoPaws's Avatar
PalmettoPaws PalmettoPaws is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 260
Default

I have a one year old Bearded Dragon named Quigley. She was my 2011 Christmas gift to myself lol. I had a Golden Gecko as a teenager that I shared with my brother but no other reptiles. I will probably own more in the future though, once I have more space for enclosures.



This shows how much she has grown. The first picture was when I got her around 8 weeks old I believe. The second was taken in January at a year old.

__________________
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.

Savannah - 8 year old Standard Poodle
Skeeter - 7 year old Terrier mix
Quigley- 1 year old Bearded Dragon

Last edited by PalmettoPaws; 03-30-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Locke's Avatar
Locke Locke is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,693
Default

Oh, I LOVE beardies!! They require more work and attention than I can give them, but I really want one some day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site