Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Silence! I ban you!

My wife and I met in the 10th grade, so we've known each just under 30 years. We've been a couple over 20, though. Married 19 years this September with 2 daughters and a dog.

Mrs. Q's best trait is that she puts up with me on a daily basis but above all, she's one of those folks that you can simply rely on. I've had a lot of success in my life that I wouldn't have had if she was not there holding down the fort and putting the pieces together for me as well. She's nursed me to health after surgeries and illnesses and is constantly supportive of the "latest thing" I'm in to (fitness, umpiring, learning guitar, etc, etc, etc).

This is us from a few Christmases ago

Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

We've been together for almost 31 years- and our 31st anniversary will be in August. We were stupid and ridiculous and got married very young when we barely knew each other, just because we wanted to. He was 21. I was 19.

After six kids, and more disasters and tragedies than we care to count, we are still together, and still love each other. I can't imagine why he thinks I am so great- or awesome as he likes to say, and he must be blind since I am clearly not the woman he describes me as, but I am damned lucky to have been stupid and impulsive enough to marry him when I had the chance.

So many of my friends and coworkers have crappy marriages and relationships, and they tend to go around saying "Men suck, no one should get married, marriage is a bad bargain- except for Suzanne- she's different and that doesn't count."

He supports me in every way imaginable.

I see so many people who feel bad about themselves, whose self images have suffered due to being married to guys who make them feel that way. My husband has done nothing but build up my confidence and self esteem every day of those almost 31 years.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

How long have you been together?
Erm...I think 5ish years? I just asked Ryan, that was his guess. Might be 4 years. Bottom line? We have no freaking clue Quite a while. No set start date because we were halfway across the country from one another and it took us forever to admit we were actually dating.

How did you meet?
Chazhound

What are their best traits?
I have a tendency to go into THE WORLD IS ENDING mode, and he's really good at helping me not do that. Or at least showing me why the world most certainly will not end.
He's really really REALLY smart.
We have a really similar sense of humor
And he's smexy, which is my main priority, or course.

If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?

And my favorite family portrait

Haha!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Club Terrible - President

How long have you been together? How did you meet? What are there best traits? If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?

Rick and I have been together for about 18 months, we've known each other for about 4 years. We met on a gecko chat room and have been best friends since. His best traits... he is wonderful to me. He is there for me no matter what, always supportive, but realistic if I have my head too far in the clouds. He truly just wants to see me happy and healthy. He's also insanely smart and has a wonderful sense of humor.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Duuuuude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
How long have you been together? How did you meet? What are there best traits? If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?
Jeromy and I started dating 2 1/2 years ago, but didn't turn it into an actual monogamous relationship until a little over a year ago. We met online, on OkCupid. I found that most of my interactions on OKC were a waste of time, but obviously something good came of it eventually! It was definitely worth the wait.

His best qualities? It's hard to say, I just see him as... him. He's got a wicked sense of humor, and is easily the smartest person I've ever known. He's always got my back, and I just... I don't know... I love him. All of him, the good and the bad.

I just wish he got along with Rowan! But that's 90% because Rowan is a big jerkbag.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Top Dog

How long have you been together?
I've known him for 3 years, dated for a little over 2.

How did you meet?
At work!

What are there best traits?
He's very stable. I sometimes have a tendency to over react or blow things out of proportion, and he is always there to bring me back to earth. He loves my dogs and I love his. He is so supportive of everything I've wanted to do, and he's just the greatest guy I've ever met.

If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like?
Jake and Penny

Fall 2012 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Us at Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr
Old 03-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Top Dog

How long have you been together? Nov 21, 2004, so what is that, 8.5 years. Been married going on 4 (wow).

How did you meet? Long, drama filled story later....high school. We were both in the school band, he was a grade below me, so we met is freshman year.

What are there best traits? Umm...he puts up with me and my crazies.

If you are a picture sharer whats your S/O look like? Thanksgiving, Macy's day Parade in NYC

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 03-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Top Dog

It'll be a year in April...

We met at work! He hired me. We laugh now and I tell him he held open interviews for a wife...

We were in the same situation...both in long term (5&7 yr), long distance relationships that were convenient and not going anywhere. I thought the world of K since I first met him but never thought anything would come of it (and I was ok with nothing coming of it, we work together, he's a bit older and I would have the pleasure of seeing him all day every day at work anyway). But one day he told me he was falling in love with me & when I let myself, I realized I loved him too.

We started dating in April, I officially moved in in October, officially engaged in November (I moved in immediately and we were talking about getting married the first day) we got Crossbone at the end of November, and we're getting married in June.

His best quality is his outlook on life. He's also confident, a gentleman, outgoing, the best mentor/teacher I could have ever asked for, he's thoughtful, incredibly handsome and he thinks the world of me (and Crossbone) and would do anything for his friends/family.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
How long have you been together? Nov 21, 2004, so what is that, 8.5 years.
OMG how weird! That's the day/year Eric & I met (yeah I'm weird and remember the day we actually met LOL)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
We've been together for a little over 8yrs.. "officially" started dating Jan. 29, 2005. Got married April 10th, 2012.

We met at a party I was having at my parents house (they knew, don't worry LOL, they were just happy I was being social!) our senior year of high school A friend of mine had dated him and wanted to invite him, but when he got there she was a total bi*** to him and wouldn't talk to him. So I did. But I actually ended up hanging out with a friend of his for a couple weeks after that. Nothing came of that and then Eric & I started hanging out.. the rest is history!

Best traits? He's hilarious and totally opposite of my personality.. you know how they say opposites attract? We're the perfect example. He's spontaneous and rarely plans anything, so that balances my OCDness out a bit. He's an insanely hard worker and SO good with his money (which isn't opposite of me, but it's helpful!), always has been. We were able to buy our home shortly after we turned 22 because of it.

We seriously have like.. no pictures together. We both hate cameras (I know, photographer that hates cameras..). I have this one from a few years ago:

And I snapped this one on Christmas last year without him knowing:

Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post

We seriously have like.. no pictures together.
Yea that's why I didn't post a pic - our most recent one with both of us in it that I have on my computer is from about 6 years ago and DH hates it because it was before his major weight loss. He also haaaates having his pic taken in general so I don't even have that many of just him.