Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Default In an act of insanity-we get a puppy

After losing Uncle Fred on Monday, something I don't know when we will recover from, we are getting a puppy on Sunday. My 13 year old son wants to get into hunting and showing a nice hound, and we have the offer of a gorgeous Walker pup. I have never had a dog that is bred like this, and I don't know how it is going to go, but he looks like a great pup, and we'll see what the future brings with him.

I have one picture, from the breeder, but I don't know about the legality of posting someone else's pics. He's an "all grand" pup- all of his ancestors for five generations at least, have been a UKC Grand champion in the show ring, in the woods, or both. I think the main idea is to try to hunt him in junior events- and see how he turns out for showing. We pick him up on Sunday- and i'm a little dazed by the whole thing.

Our vet always advises to get another dog ASAP, and my boys seem to have taken the advice to heart. I know this is something Will has wanted to do for some time, so here goes.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused