Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I like Flex Friday, I want to play. But taking a selfie of yourself flexing is hard!

And back muscles too (yes I am well aware I look like a boy.)
LOL it is hard... I commissioned hannah to take my photo lol.

You don't look like a boy... You are a hottie

We should make flex friday a tradition here

Edit: and i love your shirt lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-23-2013, 09:04 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

well I haven't lost that last pound to bring me up to an even 20 lbs lost but the inches are showing otherwise. I've lost another half inch in the waist which brings me to 32 1/2 down from 36, a half in in my hips which is a total of 2 inches lost there, an inch in my chest, half an inch on each thigh So I've lost three inches since I last measured. My belly pooch is almost gone (except when I'm sitting lol and when I'm not standing with good posture hahaha). So even though the scale isn't really showing it the measuring tape is.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

Everyone is doing so great!

I haven't been running was sick for a bit and then lady issues associated with coming off Depo after being on it for 12 years...

BUT, I've been doing better with eating more and portion control and I've officially lost 5 lbs
Old 03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh momma... Just did 25 minutes of Hips, buns and thighs. My goodness. 5 minutes of straight leg lifts and there was a special mixture of tears and sweat dripping from my face LOL

Congrats on the 5lbs FG

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Spent 2 hours outside with Jackson and the lil' sis, exploring through the farmfields, lots of walking, lots of running, etc. Love the weather today!

About to do 30 day shred, since I haven't done it since before I was sick. Though I love Hip Hop Abs, it's alot more fun! haha

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Vent ahoy.

I'm working out, I'm eating clean, I juice veggies twice a day..
and the weight is coming off, I feel better, I feel leaner..

then I decide to skype with my mother today and she hits me with "you know the freshman 15 is supposed to come off after freshman year.. haha"

hilarious.

I weigh 125 pounds. I'm 5'3. It's not like she is concerned for my health she just says these THINGS and they make me feel so awful about myself.

Yes, I weighed 110 in high school. I played sports, I barely ate, I HATED myself and spend hours just focusing on my body. My life is different now, I eat healthy but a lot, I don't have as much time, I have a job, I have Merlin..I don't hate myself.
and yet, one sentence from her and I do.

I love her. I do. She is an amazing parent for most things.

But when it comes to academics and my body sometimes I feel so much pressure from her I could just crumble. And it's always in the same kind of nit picking little things she says

"Wow you haven't been a freshman in a while, time to lose the 15"
"Do you really need another serving? Are you sure you're actually hungry?"
"Maybe she should run or walk to work.."
"I had a 4.0 and a full time job.. but then again I didn't watch TV all the time"
"No boyfriend huh? Well, at least you have more time to focus on your body and your grades. Nobody will love you until you are doing your best in your life"
"I just want you to be perfect because I love you and I know you can be perfect if you just apply yourself"
"If you can't discipline yourself and look your best now, how will you do it when your metabolism isn't that of a 21 year old?"

and I don't want it to get to me. but it does.

I get so anxious and the pressure just..hurts.
I want to be perfect for her but I feel like it will never be good enough.

There are so many ways she is an amazing mother but the pressure to be perfect for her is just.. ugh.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Time to really kick it in gear, and at least start focusing on becoming stronger. New job isn't a desk job! lol
Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Let it be

Fran... time to tell your mama to kiss your "fat" arse. 125 is HARDLY big for your height. I am 5'2, 140 and I am not a big girl by any stretch of the imagination. 125 is a HEALTHY and even small weight for someone our height. My mom is a twig at 5'2 and is 125. My sister is also a twig at 120 at 5'2.

If you are happy and doing things to make your lifestyle healthy your mom should keep that opinion to herself. Adult women are generally a big larger than their teen selves. Nothing wrong with that! From the photos I have seen of you there is no reason for her to say that. Girl you are stunning!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I'm working out, I'm eating clean, I juice veggies twice a day..
and the weight is coming off, I feel better, I feel leaner..

then I decide to skype with my mother today and she hits me with "you know the freshman 15 is supposed to come off after freshman year.. haha"

hilarious.

I weigh 125 pounds. I'm 5'3. It's not like she is concerned for my health she just says these THINGS and they make me feel so awful about myself.

Yes, I weighed 110 in high school. I played sports, I barely ate, I HATED myself and spend hours just focusing on my body. My life is different now, I eat healthy but a lot, I don't have as much time, I have a job, I have Merlin..I don't hate myself.
and yet, one sentence from her and I do.

I love her. I do. She is an amazing parent for most things.

But when it comes to academics and my body sometimes I feel so much pressure from her I could just crumble. And it's always in the same kind of nit picking little things she says

"Wow you haven't been a freshman in a while, time to lose the 15"
"Do you really need another serving? Are you sure you're actually hungry?"
"Maybe she should run or walk to work.."
"I had a 4.0 and a full time job.. but then again I didn't watch TV all the time"
"No boyfriend huh? Well, at least you have more time to focus on your body and your grades. Nobody will love you until you are doing your best in your life"
"I just want you to be perfect because I love you and I know you can be perfect if you just apply yourself"
"If you can't discipline yourself and look your best now, how will you do it when your metabolism isn't that of a 21 year old?"

and I don't want it to get to me. but it does.

I get so anxious and the pressure just..hurts.
I want to be perfect for her but I feel like it will never be good enough.

There are so many ways she is an amazing mother but the pressure to be perfect for her is just.. ugh.
Ugh i am so sorry. I am super concious about that stuff with Hammah because I want her to love heraelf for who she is and want to be healthy... Not thin, not perfect... No one is perfect but I want her to accept herself the way she is. I make a point to not look in the mirror and criticize myself because I don't want her to think that is normal or OK. I want to instill healthy attitudes in her.

My grandmother was always very critical of our weight and appearance. When we were young she was not a nice woman. She treated us like we were leeches sponging off our dad (even though he never paid child support but he was a good father). She was very critical of us girls. She seems to have outgrown that and I do love her dearly and she is an amazing woman with an incredible story to tell. 91 years old, husband of 60 years recently passed, still living on her own, lived through wars, first son born on D Day so therefore birthed at home. I can appreciate her now because my self respect is not under attack.

You seem to have a great relationship with your mom... Have you ever just laid it out there for her about how it makes you feel? How her words make you feel? I know it is hard with parents. My dad is getting like that and now he is starting to pull attitude on hannah and I am NOT cool with that at all. It is hard for me to stand up to him but I do if it means protecting my baby from his bullying. It IS bullying and we need to stand up to it. Maybe she doesn't realize what she is doing but if you can be honest with her you should. It's not healthy

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 PM
dogstrong

How crazy would I be to do a 5k with Em benefiting her rescue on April 28?

Not walking it, running it. I really want to.
http://www.daws.org/5k-event-day-info

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"