Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

Loose dogs can make me a bit uneasy, just because I really don't know the dog or how they're going to react. I've been charged and barked at by loose dogs, and I've had two of my dogs attacked by loose dogs (and one almost redirected onto me), so yeah, if I see a loose dog, I try to avoid it unless it's body language is obviously friendly/relaxed. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a fear, but more that I just don't trust dogs that I don't know well and especially loose ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I'm not afraid of dogs but I don't really want to interact with other people's dogs. Especially just out and about. I live dogs as a whole but just.... Not really my thing to interact with ones I don't know.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I think sometimes people think I'm afraid of or don't like dogs, which totally is not the case. I'm about as dog obsessed as they come. But for some reason I've just never been one to approach other peoples' dogs or pet them or talk to them. Kind of weird, I guess. But I just prefer interacting with my own dogs or dogs that are owned by friends/dogs I know well.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN