Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Top Dog

I forgot earlier!

I never thought I could be a sighthound person, but I think I would love living with a certain type of Whippet. A friend of mine has an 8mth old from (I believe) racing lines and that dog is awesome. I love her. She's unlike any other Whippet I've ever met (who've all been pet/show lines) and just amazes me. I'd like to meet more from similar lines someday to see if they're all similar to her or not.

And I was weird with Aussies. I've loved them for a long time, but waivered on them a lot over the years, unsure if they were actually suited to me or not. There are so many BYB ones around here that made a bad impression. On paper they sounded perfect, but I was never in love with most of them in real life. It took working at my current job to meet a handful of really nice Aussies that made me take another serious look and go "hey, these dogs are everything I've been looking for. Maybe I should reconsider..". And I'm glad I did, because mine anyway is the epitome of everything I've wanted in a dog. And now I get all giddy and happy when I see another nice Aussie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I love yay life dogs as long as they have the right kind of edge. I find more and more I love the overly happy, ready to try anything and have fun dogs with some drive added in. Mia is almost always moving at a happy bounce (unless the ball is involved that's srs business. Summer quite often pogo sticks her excitement and I love that.

I don't even know how to describe it because a lot of yay happy breeds annoy me.
That's kind of how I am, I think. I love a dog who is always happy and thrilled with life, but they have to have a level head and focus and not just be all over the place all the time exuding happiness. Along with my love for perpetually happy dogs, I guess I also need them to know when it's time to seriously think and focus on a particular task.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN