Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
& the Muttly Crew

I tear up easily when I'm really tired. Otherwise not so much...but there are exceptions. That damned Budweiser commercial with the foal growing up and leaving then running back to his buddy...I don't know whether it's the framing or the music or the story touching home...probably the combination...but I can't watch that without tearing up every single time. There's a music video... Country music... song's about suicide... that just...yeah

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSaI080VXc

So in general no but I'm not a tearless wonder either...just takes the right combination.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Let it be

More often than I liek to admit due to how much I have on my plate currently.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Allons-y!

I rarely actually cry, and even more rarely do I do it in front of people. The only times I've cried in front of my family are when I've lost a pet or a friend. I do tear up very easily though, especially when I'm very tired or stressed. I tear up pretty easily at sad books, movies, songs etc. though there are only a few that I've actually cried over.

I hear you guys on the whole angry crying thing. I do that and it totally undermines whatever point you're trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Stress or someone giving constructive criticism.
That sometimes makes me tear up too, and it's so frustrating.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

All. the. time.

-During books and movies when there is any sort of emotional scene (happy, sad, powerful)

-When I'm stressed

-When I'm angry

-When an animal dies (in real life, fiction, one I "knew" online, whatever)

And many other times. I cry at LEAST once a week. I will say that I am pretty good at holding it together when I'm in front of someone. The only time that I have just broken down and cried in front of another person was when Reecie died. I'd been keeping it together all day (I had just found out that morning) and then I just broke.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I tear up easily when I'm really tired. Otherwise not so much...but there are exceptions. That damned Budweiser commercial with the foal growing up and leaving then running back to his buddy...I don't know whether it's the framing or the music or the story touching home...probably the combination...but I can't watch that without tearing up every single time. There's a music video... Country music... song's about suicide... that just...yeah

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSaI080VXc

So in general no but I'm not a tearless wonder either...just takes the right combination.
Oh man... why did I watch that? TEARS

This is another one that always gets me.

John Michael Montgomery- The Little Girl

It's a song about a little girl (duh lol) in an abusive home with a drug addict mother and an alcoholic father who ends up killing the mother and himself and then the girl gets adopted into a new family... and just the whole song is tearjerking.

Ok I fail at youtube embedding so here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JxrYAumI-I

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Little dog, big voice

I'm a cry baby basically.

I cry if I get incredibly mad or frustrated. I cry during particular books, TV shows, movies... most recent was when I cried over Dale on The Walking Dead back in December. I cry when other people cry. I cry when I laugh too hard.

The most ironic thing is that it takes me awhile to break down over the death of a pet, or person though. I can remember bawling my eyes out when I thought Indie had cellulitis (which turned out not to be the case), which was a week before she actually died due to a suspected guttural pouch infection (which rarely shows symptoms). Yet, that night when she did die, I was just in complete disbelief and that disbelief lasted for weeks. Tomorrow, it'll be the five month mark and just mentioning that has me bawling... but it took me awhile before I could actually cry because it took so long to sink in.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Incredibly easy

- Movie? Book? Always. Doesn't even have to be sad,even a happy book or movie! I cry everytime credits roll or when I finish a book.

- Books especially, I cry all the time.

-Commercials, oh god, let me just give you the four biggest culprits. When these come on my friends are like "OH GOD TURN IT OFF! FRAN IS GONNA CRY!"

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pNFOQgVQ4KU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R4vkVHijdQk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2V-20Qe4M8Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nH3pA29MG5k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can we STILL not embed videos? UGh.

Echo gets adopted
http://youtu.be/nH3pA29MG5k

Olympics "thank you mom" commercial
http://youtu.be/2V-20Qe4M8Y

Google commercial, Dear sophie
http://youtu.be/R4vkVHijdQk

Hallmark commercial about nervous girl going to school
http://youtu.be/pNFOQgVQ4KU
- Anytime someone yells at me, anytime I'm angry? Tears. Immediate. Which is frustrating when you are angry and trying to make a point.

- Someone does something nice for me? Tears.

I am just..always crying lol at least twice a week EASILY I'd say
I cry almost DAILY! Several times a week. Lol I'm so not kidding about this, I reared up at the NAMES of these commercials! Lol.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Almost never. I was really, really painfully shy as a child, and at some point I got it into my head that it was embarassing to cry. My mom claims I stopped crying almost completely by the time I was two.

I distinctly remember many times hurting myself or being sad and not crying. I broke my wrist in a playground accident when I was seven and kept playing for hours. My mom was shocked when she picked me up.

Now it seems like I rarely feel the urge to cry. Sure, I feel sad like everyone else, but I hardly cry.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

All the flippin' time. It sucks. I can feel the tears well up in my eyes but there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop them!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Top Dog

Okay..this one got me...BAD.