Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Yeah, pretty easily. I just made the mistake of clicking on one of Fran's commercials.
This, lol.

Like a lot of people said, I cry when I'm angry/frustrated, and it's really annoying because I want to SAY WORDS but I can't and then people don't take me seriously, ugh. But for the most part, no.

I get really sad during movies/books, but I only really cry over kids movies hahaha, Fox & The Hound + Bambi are my weaknesses. A 2 second commercial for bambi comes on and everyone goes 'here she goes' and I burst into tears. I will cry at the drop of a hat over T.V. Commercials. And soldier-coming-home-videos. One time I kept on clicking the sidebar on youtube and I got myself bawling.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

I cry when I'm angry, when I lose a pet, during certain books or movies/shows. Very rarely do I cry when a human dies, but it has happened. I also cry sometimes when I miss my boyfriend... stupid long distance relationships. <_<

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Top Dog

Animal movies and military movies make me fall apart. There are some other kinds but those two are the main ones. Basically if something sad happens and I can make even a tenuous connection to a person or animal in my life, I can't take it. Marley and Me destroys me every time, what with the yellow Labrador and all.

I cry when I'm really angry and frustrated too, which I am totally in agreement with everyone else as being intensely annoying. Just when you want to be taken seriously the most, you are undermined.

Besides those situations (which I obviously avoid) I don't really cry. I've gotten watery eyed over some more minor things but that doesn't count!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 AM
Top Dog

Add me to the "everything makes me tear up" crowd. I don't sob much, but every emotion gets me teary eyed, and I have to say "No, really, I'm okay, just ignore me, I'm a idiot".

Commercials, books, movies, talking about my animals, my family. I've finally gotten a pretty good handle on not getting teary during confrontations, because I've gotten to the point where I can control my emotions pretty well during them. Holy cow, that is the worst.

Quote:
"No one writes an entire story that is loved by many and have the main character die at the end. Who would do that? I'm excited to see how they pull this off......ok, cutting it kinda close guys....it's not funny anymore...

....."
I was going to complain about a certain book that put me in a daze for a week because I was so completely certain it could not end the way it looked like it was going to end. Then I realized it might be kind of spoiler-ish. But I hear you.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Not too often. Rarely in movies - dog movies get me. (the dog always dies.) Also Father, daughter stuff in movies. Other than that extremly rarely.

If I'm stressed I'm easily triggered. While I was on BC I cried MUCH MUCH easier though.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM
BusterLove

I rarely cry. And never in front of people.

Either something big, like a death or thinking too deeply about the past or else competely irrationally because I'm premenstrual and I forgot to order sauce on my kebab it just feels like the last straw.

I'm a very emotional person but I ignore it a lot.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Top Dog

I'm emotionless. I never cry.

Jk. I don't really full out cry much but get teary eyed quite often. I'm in a lot of emotional situations daily, it's hard not to get teary eyed when everyone around you is crying.

TV (usually like Extreme Home Makeover or military reunion shows, for example) make me CRY every time.

I cry over books all the time.

Stress or someone giving constructive criticism. At work Ken was telling me ways to be better & I had a hard time holding back tears. He was being soooo nice about it too.

I used to "cry on command"--- my older brothers would do anything for their crying sister!

I rarely cry over physical pain.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

I only cry when I'm by myself. I can count the times my family has seen me cry on one hand, and I'm sooo ashamed of it whenever I think about it, which is stupid, I know. I don't usually cry for movies or tv shows though, it never seems real enough I guess. Les Mis, the notebook, titanic etc, I didn't think they were sad at all

Books get me though, If something sad happens in a book I cry.

The only other times I've cried in public were the last games of the season, like district playoffs when we lost. Those are depressing.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Blonde Raccoon

The only time I really cry is from laughing. I don't even have to laugh that hard before I have tears streaming down my face.

Other than that it's pretty rare. Sometimes I'll cry from feeling completely overwhelmed with school work, but it's always when I'm alone.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm very sensitive, so a lot of things make me "tear up" or give me the sensation like I'm about to cry. Someone who is upset with me/reprimanding me, someone ELSE getting reprimanded/yelled at, getting injured by an aggressive cat/dog at work (puts me in a BAD mood, which makes me feel like I'm about to cry), sad movies, sad books, "touching moments" captured on camera, "touching moments" with animals, etc., etc.

That being said, for me to actually break down and cry (not just "tearing"), it takes a lot. I honestly think the only times I've actually cried this past year was due to my animals becoming ill/passing away and my slight bought of depression I had when I first moved out. Even then, I don't sob until I'm "safe" - when Dameon was euthanized I was a mess, but it wasn't until I walked out into the lobby after he was gone and saw my mom standing there that I completely broke down.

Even just thinking about it now is making me tear up. I'm really still not over my ferts. Really, really not. Gosh, just seeing some Otters due a trick at Universal had me almost bawling, and they were literally on the stage for .2 seconds.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~