Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Lol it looks a lot worse than it is.
I HATE veggies. Hate them. I can force down spinach, MAYBE some baby tomatoes but that's seriously IT unless it's very well hidden in pasta sauce or something

That said, I don't mind the taste of the juice. I mean, it's no milk shake but it's A LOT better than I thought it would be. I don't mind drinking it.

Personally I just use a straw and I'm all done in like 10 seconds. Hardly taste a thing really, I just suck it down.

For taste I sometimes add pineapple or green apples or some carrot but honestly, even without it just tastes like..green stuff.. I dunno but it's not BAD. Certainly better than eating them ever was.

Honestly, give it a shot. Use a straw and really..it's not as bad as you think it's gonna be. I found EATING veggies 10000000 times worse.

Upside? It's really good for you,your daily serving of veggies in one go, plus it keeps me so full and I actually have ENERGY all day. No more 1 PM hunger pains or "I need to take a nap" feelings at 2 o'clock. It seems to just kind of even me out really well.

People argue with me all the time about the upsides of actually eating veggies (which no doubt there are) but frankly, I'm not going to do it, the idea of chewing and swallowing as many veggies as I'm ingesting now makes me want to hurl. So this is a great solution for me.
Lol, awesome, ok thanks. Since you're a mostly 'veggie hater' too, I will take your word for it. I NEED veggies and like you, never can see myself eating the proper amount each day.

The only way I get ANY veggies in is if they're mixed in (like in soup, or been cooking in a crock pot all day with roast beef, lol). So I think the juicer is going to have to be my only solution.

I need to buy a juicer now and a blender.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Let it be

Woop woop for 40lbs down!

and I just force myself to eat veggies. Months of doing so I now like them.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Woop woop for 40lbs down!

and I just force myself to eat veggies. Months of doing so I now like them.
You're much braver than I, LOL.

Finally feeling 100% since the stomach virus brought me down a week ago today. I walked 3 miles, and then let Jackson play for an hour in the dog park. Did the 30 minute Fat Burning Cardio from Hip Hop Abs for the first time today... ahh it was so much fun! LOL... and I was made aware at how ridiculously uncoordinated I am, but thankfully I was alone Super fun tho! I think I'm going to rotate to keep it exciting and do the 30 day shred every other day, and this in between. Oh, also did more dancing earlier with the lil sis for 20 mins or so.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
You're much braver than I, LOL.

Finally feeling 100% since the stomach virus brought me down a week ago today. I walked 3 miles, and then let Jackson play for an hour in the dog park. Did the 30 minute Fat Burning Cardio from Hip Hop Abs for the first time today... ahh it was so much fun! LOL... and I was made aware at how ridiculously uncoordinated I am, but thankfully I was alone Super fun tho! I think I'm going to rotate to keep it exciting and do the 30 day shred every other day, and this in between. Oh, also did more dancing earlier with the lil sis for 20 mins or so.
AWESOME. so glad you are enjoying it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Silence! I ban you!

It's been a rough workout week. I'm still eating right, but I've been finding myself too busy even for the 10 minute trainer stuff. The school musical is this week (opening show was a 1:30 matinee today) and I'm heading up the stage crew (also known as herding cats). Lots of late night rehearsals. On top of that, I've developed a corn or something on my left little toe, so some moves in the workouts hurt like hell.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I made an executive decision and decided to take my rest day yesterday. With lady issues and such a busy day I felt like if I had to squeeze in one more thing my head was going to explode lol. normally my rest day is today because it's my busiest day of the week but God cleared the way for me and co op ended up being cancelled due to sewer issues in the area.

So I just did 40 minutes of total body burn

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Well, the toe felt pretty good today. I wore the sneakers I use for working the bases when I umpire, which are a little wider in the toe box. Much better without rubbing through the day.

After being on my feet for 3+ hours during tonight's show, though, I went ahead and did my cardio routine. I should have planned differently because I was baked and couldn't bring it all. Still, the heart rate got up and stayed up, about 200 calories for the 11 minutes. I'll take that.

Weigh in coming up. We'll see...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Just finished my 45 minutes of Total Body Burn. My muscles are shaking lol. especially my arms. love it.

Just for fun since it's "Flex Friday" haha here is my flexing photo

and here is a shot from December before I got back on the fitness wagon, just for comparison. I do have a side by side shot of my before and after photos (after being where I am not... not at my target goal yet lol) but I am in a tank ini and it's not very pretty lol

Edit: would help if I actually posted two different photos lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I just tallied up my workouts so far this week, and on the low side (without my computer I can't import my runs from my GPS watch, so the calories were just guesstimates) I burned 1423.
I have 4.5 miles to run tonight (probably 520-ish) and a 6 miler tomorrow (will approach if not pass 700 calories.)

That's a total of 2460 calories this week.

Yeeeeah THAT'S why I'm supposed to be eating so frickin' much.
And also why I'm ravenous. Often.

We all got food for lunch (I had a huge order this morning!) and we're sitting here eating it, and I'm devouring twice as much as my male co-workers. One of whom is a quite tall man.
Don't judge me. >=| Gotta fuel them runs.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog

Last edited by Beanie; 03-22-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I like Flex Friday, I want to play. But taking a selfie of yourself flexing is hard!

And back muscles too (yes I am well aware I look like a boy.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog