Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Love my pets

Default RECALL: EVO, Calif Nat'l, Innova, Heathwise

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...g-food-recall/

March 18, 2013 Natural Pet Products has confirmed it is recalling four of its most popular brands of dry dog food due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

The company plans to issue a more detailed statement sometime later today.
As soon as this information has been posted, we will immediately update this page.

Brands being recalled include:

EVO
Innova
California Natural
HealthWise

Here's the link to all varieties recalled: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_r...20Products.pdf
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Wookie Collie

Oh awesome. I was going to see if the lots affected had been posted somewhere. (I have a retailer's copy). Thanks Barb.

I know a lot of folks still feeding these. Good to pass on the info.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Phew! Glad I bought Gracie the venison version of California Naturals and not the kangaroo!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...g-food-recall/

March 18, 2013 Natural Pet Products has confirmed it is recalling four of its most popular brands of dry dog food due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

The company plans to issue a more detailed statement sometime later today.
As soon as this information has been posted, we will immediately update this page.

Brands being recalled include:

EVO
Innova
California Natural
HealthWise

Here's the link to all varieties recalled: http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_r...20Products.pdf

Many people including myself were eventually expecting something like this when P&G bought Natura Pet Products in 2010. Expect formula changes... too bad, EVO is (was) a good product line.

Big problems and lawsuits happened when P&G bought out Iams and Eukanuba in 1999 for $2.3 billion.
I wrote about it here (if the moderator considers this self-promotion Ill copy and paste the text but nothing is sold on this site).
Old 03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
woof!

This was posted today at dog food advisor website, the recalled foods expands Natura Pet Expands Recall of California Natural, Innova, EVO and More
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Biduk View Post
Many people including myself were eventually expecting something like this when P&G bought Natura Pet Products in 2010. Expect formula changes... too bad, EVO is (was) a good product line.
Innova had some issues with aflatoxins and a very quiet recall back in the late 90s or maybe early 00s. Long before P&G were in the picture. Aflatoxins are far, far more likely to make your dog sick than Salmonella. Pet foods being recalled because of Salmonella is generally due to human safety issues (concerning people handling the food) and not because it's making pets ill.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Puppy Dog

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
Innova had some issues with aflatoxins and a very quiet recall back in the late 90s or maybe early 00s. Long before P&G were in the picture. Aflatoxins are far, far more likely to make your dog sick than Salmonella. Pet foods being recalled because of Salmonella is generally due to human safety issues (concerning people handling the food) and not because it's making pets ill.
I wasn't aware... thanks for the info.
Wonder if history will repeat itself and P&G will make a formula change (quietly of course) for EVO & Innova... my guess is yes and it won't be in the best interests for the health of cats/dogs.
Roger Biduk