Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I wear VFFs or my DCs if it's cold out.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 PM
orange iguanas.

I have Nike Dual Fusions...
http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/...al+Fusion.aspx

Not gonna help you with the water because of the mesh on top, but super comfortable. I'm on my feet 10-11 hours a day and it's no big deal. I've had shoes before where I couldn't even go for a quick 15 minute walk with the dogs without being in pain. So I'm happy with these guys. They're holding up well, I've had them for about a year and I haven't noticed any wear and tear on them.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Kung Pow Fish

i wear some crappy $20 shoes from payless that i bought when i had almost no money and work was demanding nonslip nonmark "safety" work shoes, so thats what i got. theyre black, leather, plain which suits me fine, but are not comfortable at all. thankfully my job involves a lot of randomness, kneeling, sitting, laying on the floor, standing, squatting, etc so im not literally "on my feet" for 8 hours. otherwise i think i might die. when i try VFFs and see if my toesies like them, ill get funny looks at work probably, when Im under a tub scrubbing the pipes with a toothbrush, whistling, and my funky shoes sticking out are all you can see
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Good thread. I can never seem to find shoes that are really comfortable for my feet... I wasn't thrilled with my Asics and I just got these Nike's that are just... okay.

They're always comfortable for small walks, like 1-2 miles, but after that my feet get sore. I'd really like to be able to walk over 4 miles without being uncomfortable. It's not that I'm in excruciating pain, it's just that I think they should be comfier than they are?

Maybe it's just my feet, LOL. I *think* my arches are maybe kind of high, but I'm really not sure how to even tell. Definitely not flat feet.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Top Dog

I am on my feet all day on concrete, and Dansko's are the only shoes I can wear that don't make my hips ache by about hour six. They are also incredibly durable. I tried a pair of Ariat clogs for work, and they looked like crap in under a week.

Dansko's aren't like sneakers, in that you put them on and think "Oh my gosh, my feet feel like they are on clouds", but for whatever reason, they just work.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Maybe it's just my feet, LOL. I *think* my arches are maybe kind of high, but I'm really not sure how to even tell. Definitely not flat feet.
Foot doctor. Folks who work at a running shoe store, if they are well trained and well educated, can also give you an idea, but if you really want to know the details, a doctor is the way to go. A doctor can also give you a good idea of what kind of shoe you will need for your feet, then you can head back to a (quality) store and say "I need this and this and this kind of shoe" and they'll match you up. Google can probably also help steer you in the right direction if you google your needs, provided you don't have a quality shoe store around you.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Obviously, it's what fits your foot and your walking style the best, but I find myself the most comfortable in either New Balance or Avia. The New Balance are nice because I can order them in a "2E" width for no extra charge (most "wide" shoes for men are "4E" width and end up being too wide for me).

In the New Balance line, I usually gravitate to the "Cross Trainer" type for every day use. Decent support and they hold up well for me. Also, New Balance has always stood behind their product for me. My daughter had a pair break within a few weeks of getting them and the retailer refused to exchange them. A quick call to NB and they said, "Send them back, we'll ship you a new pair". I'm in the process of that with a pair I have now, which are well past a reasonable warranty period, but not "worn out". I made a comment about the eyelets breaking through and could they consider reinforcing them in the future. They asked for the shoes back so their engineers could see what happened and will send me a comparable current model of my choice.

All of my umpire shoes are New Balance and I plan to get another pair of "base" shoes this year (specialized with a "turf" sole). Currently, my base work shoe is the MX623 in all black and I have the armored "plate" shoes as well.

In the Avia line, I usually get the running type shoe. They are light with great support and cushioning. I do have trouble finding the wide widths, but I haven't done too much investigating in ordering them online.

I do have a pair of "Hi Tec" sneakers that I wear mostly for workouts. I got those on a closeout BOGO deal when I bought a pair of New Balance at an Olympia Sports (the location was closing down). They have held up well and are light enough that my legs don't feel tired at the end of the workout (beyond the normal "workout tired"). I wish they had a little more arch support, but if I put an insert in there, they are perfect.

Edit: I also recently purchased a cheap pair of Nike sneakers to have another pair to "swap out". I find it's a good idea (for me) to change my shoes frequently, especially if I'm on my feet a lot during the day.

Too much info? Sorry
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

I first bought my cinemas specifically for working in a boarding kennel. Better traction and quick drying when washing down kennels.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

I work in retail and the dress code is black formal shoes so I wear Steve Madden walker boots. They've been lasting extremely well actually. Comfy too.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM
such sights to show you

A lot of people adore Danskos but they don't fit my feet well. I have to wear orthotics in my shoes and they really throw off the fit of the Danskos for some reason.

I wear running shoes. I think my current pair are Nikes, but I just went to a running store and had them help me pick out a well-fitting and comfortable pair. When one pair runs out, I go back and say THANK YOU PLEASE MAY I HAVE ANOTHER PAIR until the particular model isn't made anymore and then start all over again.