Best dog trainer school

I am interested in setting up a dog training business in Ireland in a few years time. I would like to mainly focus on training security dogs and maybe police dogs. I have no formal experience in dog training and would like some info on where to start. Is www.internationaldogtrainerschool.com a good place to start. I see they do an 18 week live in course which is 9 to 5 every day. I would obviously need to work as an apprentice somewhere for a year or two also. I see they also offer this opportunity for top students but I have no real way of knowing if this school is reputable. If anyone has done this or has any advice I would appreciate it. I am in the process of saving money at the moment and Im willing to put the time in and invest in my education so long as I know at the end of the day I will be learn good skills. I will travel and live anywhere to get the best training.

I dunno...I haven't heard of them before, which gives me pause. Looking at their website, I don't see much wrong with their program in theory. Would you be willing to travel to their campuses in North Carolina or Puerto Rico?

What really makes me hesitate is that they want $500 up front for a deposit. I understand how that may be necessary considering their facility, but it seems like a lot to spend without having access to exactly what they plan to teach you. The real worry for me is I didn't see any reference to what certification you'd leave the program with.

Members online

No members online now.