Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

How do I forget that running in early spring in Illinois means WIND WIND THE WIND THERE'S SO MUCH WIND! Also cold, so my nose was running and I couldn't really breathe out of my nose. I had to take a quick walk break about halfway through just so I could breathe, all gasping for air out of my mouth... and I only did a four miler... ugh!

I love that this marathon is in my city so I hate to quit doing it, but the timing sucks and every year we all have to struggle through the cold and the wind and the snow to train... if it were one month later it would be perfect, but it's not so. Indy's marathon is in October which isn't much better because that puts a lot of training in August (hot hot humid humid can't breathe then either!)
I suppose if I had all the monies I would do Chicago races, because there's no lack of those at better times. But those are freakin' expensive. My friend keeps wanting me to do some of these "event" 5Ks, like there's something called the foam run I think... just running the 5K cost MORE than what it cost to sign up for my half plus the 5K here. I can't justify $70+ for a 5K. Oogh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I just signed up to run a 5K LOL what was I thinking? I'm mostly doing it to be moral support for a friend who is nervous to do her first run (she's training for a run in May and she's terrified of looking like a fool) but... i don't run lol I've certainly not been training for this. Pray for me

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 03:32 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hip hop abs 30 minute Fat burning Cardio and 25 minute ab sculpt DONE!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Hip hop abs 30 minute Fat burning Cardio and 25 minute ab sculpt DONE!
Woohoo!

I woke up this morning a tad earlier and did the 5 minute last minute Abs. Got home and did my Jillian Michaels shred. I'm babysitting my sister and we had a giant dance party, LOL... I incorporated some of my workout moves with the dancing and used my 5lb weights for some of them and was just being an all around crazy mess. I was sweating like crazy and probably looked like a fool, thank goodness no one else was home!

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

OH and I just ordered the Beach Body Shaun T Rockin Abs you always do! I am so excited to get them...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...hip_hop_abs.do

I did the package for $19.95 or whatever, couldn't resist that deal!

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
OH and I just ordered the Beach Body Shaun T Rockin Abs you always do! I am so excited to get them...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...hip_hop_abs.do

I did the package for $19.95 or whatever, couldn't resist that deal!
Awesome. Hope you love it. It is really fun. I have the hip hop abs and te rockin body programs by shaun t (both on sale for $19.95) and yesterday my coach posted on my fcebook and he says "hey, do you have your rockin body that you could bring ti fit club?" LOL why YES coach I do... Oh you meant the DVD? Lol yeah I'll bring it. Haha it was just so funny how it was phrased and anyone who doesn't know the program is called rockin body would be like ... Uhhh what? Lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

Well I lost like 4lbs ... due to the flu!! Ugh. I was up all night Wednesday, or rather Thurs morning, with this horrible stomach virus. Ate nothing but saltines yesterday and gatorade. Horrible timing, I was just getting all pumped back up. Hopefully I won't be down very much longer. I just cleaned all my sheets etc and cleaned the bathroom thinking I was better and it totally wore me out.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Well I lost like 4lbs ... due to the flu!! Ugh. I was up all night Wednesday, or rather Thurs morning, with this horrible stomach virus. Ate nothing but saltines yesterday and gatorade. Horrible timing, I was just getting all pumped back up. Hopefully I won't be down very much longer. I just cleaned all my sheets etc and cleaned the bathroom thinking I was better and it totally wore me out.
I got the flu Wednesday morning and was stuck in bed for 2 days, eating nothing and drinking only small amounts of water -_-

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ugh sorry you were sick Jacksonsmom. Hopefully you'll be back up to par soon.

I was 186 this morning one more pound and I'll be at 20 lbs lost

Just finished Fat burning cardio (30 minutes) and tomorrow I'm "running" 4 miles in a fun run lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I got the flu Wednesday morning and was stuck in bed for 2 days, eating nothing and drinking only small amounts of water -_-
ugh it sucks doesn't it?!? It seems to be going around....

I'm still pretty weak today.

Brit & Jackson