Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Top Dog

God, how scary would that have been. I'm glad the owner was genially sorry and cared about the situation and I'm sure she learnt from that. I hate owners at times who leave their windows down with no restraint. Driving home yesterday I saw a GSD in the back of a ute who wasn't restrained properly and had half his body over the tray, trying to go after another dog some one was walking.

Do you at least have some pain medication for the dogs? I'm sure having a hole from a bite wound has to be painful.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Big Dog

This is always one of my fears on a trike ride or walk. In my case, it's a lot of owners who don't think they should have to follow leash laws. I've been on my trike and quite a few dogs come charging full speed quite aggressively. I simply stop the trike...take away the thing to chase and most the time it throws them and they back off. Couple have come up all the way but luckily just sniffs and no fighting.

I agree with the others, doesn't hurt to have it checked out and better to be safe than sorry later. Hope it works out and no trauma for your dogs in the future.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Top Dog

....So, apparently the women of the offending dog wasn't as honest and kind as I thought. My husband tried calling her a few minutes ago to talk to her, and apparently the number she gave us was fake. And of course, I was too overwhelmed in the moment last night to think straight and get her licence plate number.

Awesome.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 03-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
....So, apparently the women of the offending dog wasn't as honest and kind as I thought. My husband tried calling her a few minutes ago to talk to her, and apparently the number she gave us was fake. And of course, I was too overwhelmed in the moment last night to think straight and get her licence plate number.

Awesome.
Well, if you were at an intersection, I wonder if there's a street camera that could have caught the attack and her plate number... Since she was less than honest, I'd seriously think about contacting the police and filing a complaint or a report, and possibly see if there was any footage. Might be helpful, too, if she turns around and accuses your dogs of starting this - giving you a fake phone number won't look good for her.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Well, if you were at an intersection, I wonder if there's a street camera that could have caught the attack and her plate number... Since she was less than honest, I'd seriously think about contacting the police and filing a complaint or a report, and possibly see if was any footage. Might be helpful, too, if she turns around and accuses your dogs of starting this - giving you a fake phone number won't look good for her.
This. Also, if you filed a police report, they could also possibly check with the local vets to see if there was a JRT brought in with the injuries you described. She may not have brought him to the vet, but there's always that chance

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry this happened as well. I agree that she **** well knew what her dog was like and she gave you false info so you would let her leave. I would be contacting the police as well, that dogs attack needs to be on record.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

And here is yet another good example of why it is SO important to keep your dogs SECURED while riding in a vehicle! I'm sure this women has learned a good lesson, whether or not she'll do anything to prevent another incident is another story.

On the vet, I would take them in. Mostly you want to keep the wounds cleaned out to prevent infection, and a good oral antibiotic will help.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Love my pets

I hope they are doing okay this morning. I agree with taking them to the vet to be checked out just in case, but that's just my opinion.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

OMG that is so scary! I can't imagine. It's one of my biggest fears is having some kind of a dog get loose somehow and go after Jackson, and with just me, I worry it'd be difficult to break it up. I need to start carrying something with me, I think, your story just gave me a good reminder.

I'm so glad your dogs are okay, and thankful that it was a smaller dog (for the sake of your guys) but sorry they had to go through it. Hopefully it won't leave any major scars emotionally.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Active Pup

that's terrible!