Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you wear makeup to work?
Yes, a full face 14 18.42%
Yes, a little 28 36.84%
Only for Special Work Events/Occasion 10 13.16%
Never 19 25.00%
Other 3 3.95%
Candy Lipstick 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I never wear makeup. Ever.
Same. I refuse to have the fact that I do or don't change what my face looks like naturally to affect people's opinion of me. I haven't had any issues thus far. It's my work that you should be looking at, not my face.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

I'll just go with my standard response... Only on Wednesdays.

Obligatory:

*runs away from thread*
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Resident fainting goat

Lol I never understood why these threads always turn into

"If you do wear makeup than you are a girly girl who cares too much about what other people think. Your work/personality should get you noticed, not stuff caked on your face"
"If you don't wear makeup than you are a slob who doesn't care what people think of you or try. Your overall presentation at work includes makeup and looking put together"

Hello.
People wear makeup for the same reasons people wear different clothes.. because we like to, because it's fun, because we like how we look in them.

Wearing or not wearing makeup does not dictate work ethic, personality, intelligence, success at work,femininity or anything else other than... MAKEUP.
Wear it, don't wear it.. it really has very little to do with your overall self as a human being.

I wear it because I like it. Simple as that lol would I really be that different if I didn't wear it? Nope.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Lol I never understood why these threads always turn into

"If you do wear makeup than you are a girly girl who cares too much about what other people think. Your work/personality should get you noticed, not stuff caked on your face"
"If you don't wear makeup than you are a slob who doesn't care what people think of you or try. Your overall presentation at work includes makeup and looking put together"

Hello.
People wear makeup for the same reasons people wear different clothes.. because we like to, because it's fun, because we like how we look in them.

Wearing or not wearing makeup does not dictate work ethic, personality, intelligence, success at work,femininity or anything else other than... MAKEUP.
Wear it, don't wear it.. it really has very little to do with your overall self as a human being.

I wear it because I like it. Simple as that lol would I really be that different if I didn't wear it? Nope.
I'm not sure if that was in reference to what I said, but I don't think I ever said anything like that. I said what I said because *I* don't like doing it, and that's what it feels like *to me*. I went through a phase where I went to clubs and I would wear some then, but after about 6 months I was uncomfortable with the idea. My two best friends wear it all the time, because they enjoy it, but they don't feel it to be necessary.

I'm just excessively sensitive to being judged based on my appearance, and I always have, since I was a teenager. When I was 14 my first real crush asked me if I could be any cup size what size I would be, and I said A, because I didn't want people to judge me based on my appearance but because of who I was (and I'm sure you know to many teenage girls weight and breast size is proportional to prettiness, of course). Of course I don't think exactly that way now, but I don't like doing anything to turn my own body into something it's not, personally, regardless of the occasion, much to my own mother's dismay.