Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Re-reading Dune right now. Then I want to re-read Harry Potter (I've only read the last book once) and LOTR.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

The Book Thief.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 35 lbs
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Okay so I'm almost done with Mockingjay. Now I need a new book/series to get into. Any suggestions? I really want a teen/young adult romance type of story. I am about to read the Twilight series again but it's gonna be my 20-somethingth time reading the series (no joke) and I can basically recite it in my sleep. I still love it but I want something similar but new. I wish Stephanie Meyer would finish Midnight sun so my life can be complete.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Top Dog

I am re-reading the Xanth series again for the third or fourth time, lol on my kindle, the iPad I am reading the Myth series again, oh and one of the sookie stackhouse books as well.

I read the twilight books once, we won't get into that...

The hunger games were great books, my son and I are waiting for the next movie!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Top Dog

Currently A Feast For Crows. Then I have to buy the last one, and then I might have to cry for a while because of no more books. Tragedy all around.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I am re-reading the Xanth series again for the third or fourth time, lol on my kindle, the iPad I am reading the Myth series again, oh and one of the sookie stackhouse books as well.

I read the twilight books once, we won't get into that...

The hunger games were great books, my son and I are waiting for the next movie!
Yeah, I couldn't get into the first book after certain things Edward did that made me go HECK NO! It just wasn't my cup of tea, but then again most romance books aren't.

Anyways, currently I'm reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet. Awesome. The Crowley in the book even reminds me of the Crowley in Supernatural, WIN!
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

Rereading Jennifer L Armentrouts series right now.....not sure if they were mentioned here before. They are YA which often annoy me, but these I really like.

The Lux series....I almost didnt read it as it is paranormal....but aliens. I thought I couldnt get into alien romance? lol....but its good.

But I like her Covenant series even better....the next book is due out in April and its one of those I am having much angst waiting on.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Silence, peasants.

Today I went to the library on a whim, since my sister was going. Thought 'maybe I will get just one'. Wandered to pets section. I now have:

At Merle's Door: Lessons from a free-thinking dog by Ted Kerasote
Pack of Two by Caroline Knapp
How Dogs Think by Stanley Coren
How To Speak Dog by Stanely Coren
Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean
The Puppy Diaries: Raising a Dog Named Scout by Jill Abramson (admittedly, I got this because I heard it was bad...)
Dog Sense by John Bradshaw

I normally read books outside of dog stuff, but it was a quick run in. So I came out with pretty much everything they had that wasn't Cesar Millan or a 'about the breed' book lol.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Today I went to the library on a whim, since my sister was going. Thought 'maybe I will get just one'. Wandered to pets section. I now have:

At Merle's Door: Lessons from a free-thinking dog by Ted Kerasote
Pack of Two by Caroline Knapp
How Dogs Think by Stanley Coren
How To Speak Dog by Stanely Coren
Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean
The Puppy Diaries: Raising a Dog Named Scout by Jill Abramson (admittedly, I got this because I heard it was bad...)
Dog Sense by John Bradshaw

I normally read books outside of dog stuff, but it was a quick run in. So I came out with pretty much everything they had that wasn't Cesar Millan or a 'about the breed' book lol.
I really enjoyed Merle's Door. It had a LOT of interesting studies. I learned a lot and it was a sweet story. (Although he does get a bit too detailed on some things, IMO. I'm not a nature freak so I could do without a lot of his scenery descriptions.)

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Just picked up every dog story book I could. Some were great (Merle) and others I didn't care for. One about a fat lab beagle. Beau, I think. I wanted to get some more actual dog books and less story but I was worried they would be too dry and over my head. Good luck with the ones you got, though!

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakash View Post
Yeah, I couldn't get into the first book after certain things Edward did that made me go HECK NO! It just wasn't my cup of tea, but then again most romance books aren't.

Anyways, currently I'm reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet. Awesome. The Crowley in the book even reminds me of the Crowley in Supernatural, WIN!
Yes, and yes!

My biggest thing was that they marketed those books to young girls, the way Bella acted was not ok imagery for young girls, IMO.

And good omens is fantastic! And I totally agree, is envisioned Crowley from supernatural the whole freaking book!

His American Gods book is really good too!