Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Yay, great news from everyone!

MandyPug, the dog switching sounds fun! I've never tried to let anyone run Pan, but it might help her with her stranger hate.

We have straight weaves, yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zKgSIodtv0
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Sounds like everyone is coming along and having a blast with training congrats!

Just heard the class I wanted at a different facility filled...darn. We aren't members there so don't get priority. Ironically, to become a member you have to take classes there... see the catch-22? :P. It's been about 7 months since our last group class session ended. We'll just keep on training on our own and with friends. Babygirl MacNut is going home this weekend ( :sadface: ) so I should have more time, and with any luck spring will arrive soon so we can train outdoors again. Also signed up to audit a seminar soon, first one in a long time...should be interesting.

Good luck with your training, everyone

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerotti View Post
Yay, great news from everyone!

MandyPug, the dog switching sounds fun! I've never tried to let anyone run Pan, but it might help her with her stranger hate.

We have straight weaves, yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zKgSIodtv0
It is fun! Izzie wouldn't have been able to do it a year ago. It helps build value for the game and takes some of the mama focus out of it. Plus it's really cool to see your own dog running. Much different perspective!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Yay for Pan's straight weaves! They look great!!

I'm super sad about Cookie going home. I was secretly hoping you were going to keep her all this time, even though I know you couldn't. Sad face is right.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I'm super sad about Cookie going home. I was secretly hoping you were going to keep her all this time, even though I know you couldn't. Sad face is right.
I am too, as is hubby. Trying not to whine about it (probably failing, sorry guys) but **** I am going to miss her.

But it's really best for everyone. Her people need her and she will have a job. She's too close in age to my crew to ever be competed the way she deserves. And if she stays there is absolutely no way I could consider keeping a Mirapup if all goes well and we have a litter in early 2014.

None of this has changed...it was all true before MacNut came home with me in August...and it is still true now... and yet...

/whine

Trying to stay focused on everything I need to do before Mirapups instead. Keeping my girl and her pups-to-be safe and healthy are the top priority. Stacking the odds in their favor is well underway but there is plenty left to do.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm All Ears

Oh Shai.... I was secretly hoping she'd stay too.

We did some good stuff this week. Unfortunately I started out this weeks' class by crashing into Mia and stomping down on her foot. That makes you feel fantastic... Getting some weave entrances going. It's going slowly. I am hoping to get them good enough to do the next round of weaves classes. They just started up one set but they need to be a little more advanced than mine are.

summer and I are starting a teamwork class today with a different instructor. So we will see how that goes. I kind of feel bad taking her and not Mia. That means Mia is training 1-2x a week now and Summer is training 3x a week at the training place. But my trainer and I agree that Summer is far less focused and more in need of distraction classes. I'm hoping to get Mia in the next round of these classes.

I'm really hoping to start competition fall maybe early winter.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm All Ears

Oh and I will be at the AKC nationals all friday and hopefully Sunday morning next weekend! I have agility and nosework Sunday afternoon and distractions class on Saturday.

Ever feel like dogs are slowly becoming your life? lol But I'm really excited to get to see the nationals. Wish some other chazzers were going.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ever feel like dogs are slowly becoming your life? lol But I'm really excited to get to see the nationals.
Slowly? No, more like falling down a waterfall Off to club practice now...after group practice Wednesday, class Thursday, run-thrus Friday...

Have fun at Nationals!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm All Ears

I wish we had more open floor practice times, group times, etc. It's pretty much just... class. And my yard is too tiny to get much going in. If I have my 6 weaves, I have no yard left for anything else.

Dog training 5x a week and I still want more. Ack.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

The place where I take classes usually has run-thrus once a week, so that is great. We also have a pretty active local agility club, so I get the Wednesday and Saturday practices through them. And I have a couple of friends with full or nearly-full sets of equipment who keep telling me that I'm welcome to come work my dogs any time once it is nice enough to work outside. I'm very, very lucky to have such good access to everything - especially since I have to set my 6 weave poles on a diagonal across our "yard" to get them to fit!

We are off for another trial this weekend! Can't wait!