Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Woah!! 3 lbs down from last week, woohoo
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
Awesome.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Wow I ate way to much broccoli. Why did no one tell me this stuff causes gas and bloating? Good lord I feel like a fat water buffalo.
Yeah I learned this the hard way.

Quote:
Good Job!!!

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:

Also, juicers are amazing. I want to steal our Vitamix at home and bring it to my place on campus.
Great job

Just finished todays workout 45 minutes of Turbo Sculpt and 20 minutes of Ab Jam

I took my photo today (for comparison and also because I am almost at the end of my 30 day Turbo Jam challenge) and WOW I can see such a difference especially in my midsection

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
dogstrong

206.6. Woohoo.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I'm getting back to starting this. We'll see how it goes as lately my problem has been not eating enough (food is expensive! lol).
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Also, juicers are amazing. I want to steal our Vitamix at home and bring it to my place on campus.
That's AWESOME! I need to start just copying your diet plans every day, LOL...

I weighed in yesterday and sadly only lost 1lb, however I kinda was expecting that. I still haven't horribly altered my diet (besides no soda, and lots of water, and keeping track of calories) but I still haven't been eating right for the amount of weight I want to lose and I know that.

I'm thinking I hurt myself too somehow I looked up shin splints and think I may have one. I can hardly do a jumping jack without it hurting :\ So I'm taking today off from 30 day shred as much as I don't want to (I only got halfway thru yesterday too). I must have done something wrong. I'm thinking it was when I worked out in socks the other day, maybe. Usually I have my shoes on. So I just walked a bit today. Ugh, but I'm so bummed. Because I know it's going to be even harder to start after almost 2 days off.

With some kind of pulled muscle, or something, should you just work through it... or rest it? I'm not really even sure...

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Thanks so much for the support and encouragement, everyone. Motivates me to keep staying on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
That's AWESOME! I need to start just copying your diet plans every day, LOL...

I weighed in yesterday and sadly only lost 1lb, however I kinda was expecting that. I still haven't horribly altered my diet (besides no soda, and lots of water, and keeping track of calories) but I still haven't been eating right for the amount of weight I want to lose and I know that.

I'm thinking I hurt myself too somehow I looked up shin splints and think I may have one. I can hardly do a jumping jack without it hurting :\ So I'm taking today off from 30 day shred as much as I don't want to (I only got halfway thru yesterday too). I must have done something wrong. I'm thinking it was when I worked out in socks the other day, maybe. Usually I have my shoes on. So I just walked a bit today. Ugh, but I'm so bummed. Because I know it's going to be even harder to start after almost 2 days off.

With some kind of pulled muscle, or something, should you just work through it... or rest it? I'm not really even sure...
Oh, don't bother looking at my diary from the last 3 days, it's weird LOL I was doing a type of fasting and only ended up at 1000 calories minus the 200 calories burned from working out (so 800 net calories on Saturday and Sunday). And my macros are pretty out there. That said, I'd pretty happy if I had lost 1 lb! Every loss counts in my book xD

But keeping my calories low definitely helps. I've realized that a part of the reason why I wasn't losing weight was because I had my measurements wrong. I was underestimating the calories from butter, almond butter, oils, mayonnaise, etc. that I was consuming and must have easily gone hundreds of calories over my goal. So now I'm just keeping at 1000 - 12000 net calories (preferably 1000 calories, because I feel iffy about eating back the calories burned).

Sorry to hear about your injury That sounds awful. I don't know anything, but I wouldn't personally try to work through it. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Yesterday was a full-body workout day, and I feel it today. Bad. I can't bend down without my quads and hams and glutes burning. My shoulders are sore, as well as my abs. Which is good, meaning I worked them well. No pain, no gain.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Here is a post from earlier in this thread on the subject of sore muscles.

However a PULLED muscle is different. If you've actually pulled the muscle as opposed to "my muscles are sore," it's damaged and requires rest to heal.

If you actually have shin splints, the best thing you can do is wait for the inflammation to go down. Working out through shin splints can make them worse and lead to more serious injury (hello stress fractures.) I kept running through shin splints during my first half marathon and it was a few months of no running at all post-half before my legs got back to normal.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

For the shin splints, I've heard that its good to make a V with your hand, and rub it down along the top of the leg, and press down pretty hard. A shin splint is the muscle pulling away from the bone, and if you rub it down it will help it reattach. Don't quote me on this, but I've heard a lot of people say it.

I just hurt something in the groin region, and it HURTS! Makes playing first base and hitting a bit hard, so I'm gonna be resting it up when I'm not playing softball. So I'll probably be doing lots of arm workouts
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.