Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

I have to say, I understand. My sport/competition dog is turning 6 this year. LoLa will just be 2, the end of the month but she has some health issues we're working out and thus, she isn't going to be competitive in all phases of IPO.

I'm supposed to be getting an AST this year but I am considering a GSD at this point and pushing the AST out another 2 years. I'm lost and haven't decided yet.

So waiting on that one puppy that stands out is where I'm at too.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I have to say, I understand. My sport/competition dog is turning 6 this year. LoLa will just be 2, the end of the month but she has some health issues we're working out and thus, she isn't going to be competitive in all phases of IPO.

I'm supposed to be getting an AST this year but I am considering a GSD at this point and pushing the AST out another 2 years. I'm lost and haven't decided yet.

So waiting on that one puppy that stands out is where I'm at too.
Yeah, it can be tough deciding. I was hoping to do PSA with Limit but his temperament is not suitable. He cannot do IPO, even without protection. I am still hoping to do agility with him but 1. He's in the midst of a gnarly fear period right now so training is slow and 2. Several agility people have talked to me about his structure he is still terribly bow legged. I was hoping he'd outgrow it but now I'm thinking not. I need to get him X-rayed soon. Right now, he may end up being an active pet that dabbles in agility. Poor little man. Anyway, lots of things to consider.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Oh man, that sucks. :/
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Yeah, it can be tough deciding. I was hoping to do PSA with Limit but his temperament is not suitable. He cannot do IPO, even without protection. I am still hoping to do agility with him but 1. He's in the midst of a gnarly fear period right now so training is slow and 2. Several agility people have talked to me about his structure he is still terribly bow legged. I was hoping he'd outgrow it but now I'm thinking not. I need to get him X-rayed soon. Right now, he may end up being an active pet that dabbles in agility. Poor little man. Anyway, lots of things to consider.
I'm wondering if that's a breed thing. Gwen has improved a lot since we first got her, but she is VERY 'aloof' with strangers or anyone besides people she sees daily. She's closer to being a fearful dog than an aloof one, honestly. But Gwen and Limit have several differences, so I hope it is just a phase.

And so I don't just randomly post in here....

So much puppy want. But Gwen is turning 2 in April and she is more than enough. (If we did get another dog, I doubt it would be a puppy.)

I'll just have to live through you all.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Oh man, that sucks. :/
A fairly accomplished agility person is also concerned by the way he moves...I am meeting with her this weekend to see if training might help or if I will cause more problems. She also breeds on occasion so she knows what she's looking at structurally for a dog with agility stress in his future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
I'm wondering if that's a breed thing. Gwen has improved a lot since we first got her, but she is VERY 'aloof' with strangers or anyone besides people she sees daily. She's closer to being a fearful dog than an aloof one, honestly. But Gwen and Limit have several differences, so I hope it is just a phase.

And so I don't just randomly post in here....

So much puppy want. But Gwen is turning 2 in April and she is more than enough. (If we did get another dog, I doubt it would be a puppy.)

I'll just have to live through you all.
I am desperately hoping we'll get through and end up what he was like as a puppy. Robin went through the same thing and ended up just like he was as a puppy. Limit was SO outgoing and fearless as a youngster. He's been very exposed and nothing negative has happened (unlike for Robin) so hoping for fear stage.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
There will always be another litter, always another puppy. It is hard to wait but no one else has to pay the fees in money, time, and energy when the pup is battling for your current dogs attention.

That is what keeps me in line. I have a litter I am tentatively on the list for but if the right bitch doesn't happen I will be okay, my sport dogs are still young and on the other hand my pit bulls are reaching the ends of their lives so if it stays just us for a while we'll probably be better for it.

Perspective to counter the pushers.
This.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Dam got to breeders today. According to breeder, she has an awesome build, and a super stable and amazing temperament. And she is blue, which means a mixed color litter should be happening. Le sigh.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Mike thoroughly supports the idea of naming Future Puppy after a tank (instead of the cliche'd Tank name). He liked Abram, but also suggested Sherman. Which is cute!

Now to just have the puppy to go with the name....

Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

flying little beezer boy

Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

My breeders females have *FINALLY* decided to go into heat YIPPEE!! I am really hoping for a pup this time.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff