Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

I may or may not have just bought futurepuppy's first collar. And a baby bad cuz.

Puppy supplies make me squee!

Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Four months is ages!! And she might not even take...

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for the dam of the litter I'm on a wait list for to even come into heat. I don't need to remember that breedings may not take, or there may not be male puppies! SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

A close friend is whelping a litter of Malinois pups and she wants me to get one...this summer. We train together and she thinks this is a breeding I should not miss out on.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I don't need to remember that breedings may not take, or there may not be male puppies!
This, a thousand times, this. The thought that there won't be any males...or enough males...or the right male is killing me.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
A close friend is whelping a litter of Malinois pups and she wants me to get one...this summer. We train together and she thinks this is a breeding I should not miss out on.
Do ittttttttt.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Do ittttttttt.
It is being SERIOUSLY considered....
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Glutton for Crazy

There will always be another litter, always another puppy. It is hard to wait but no one else has to pay the fees in money, time, and energy when the pup is battling for your current dogs attention.

That is what keeps me in line. I have a litter I am tentatively on the list for but if the right bitch doesn't happen I will be okay, my sport dogs are still young and on the other hand my pit bulls are reaching the ends of their lives so if it stays just us for a while we'll probably be better for it.

Perspective to counter the pushers.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
There will always be another litter, always another puppy. It is hard to wait but no one else has to pay the fees in money, time, and energy when the pup is battling for your current dogs attention.

That is what keeps me in line. I have a litter I am tentatively on the list for but if the right bitch doesn't happen I will be okay, my sport dogs are still young and on the other hand my pit bulls are reaching the ends of their lives so if it stays just us for a while we'll probably be better for it.

This. Very sound advice.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

Yup, we've reviewed and reviewed. There've been a couple of disappointments and set backs but my current dogs have a plan now. I know we can afford a puppy - both in time and in money, any time. I'm lucky that I can bring my dog(s) to work and train on breaks so everyone gets training time (my issue was more *which* sports to focus on and with who). That's been hammered out.

But, I also don't "need" a pup right now. I'm thinking since I will have frequent, easy access to the litter, I'll just keep an eye out and if someone is perfect, perhaps take that leap. If not, oh well. I have such a stellar dog for competition right now (Kastle), I'm not going to rush into anything and perhaps be bummed by the outcome later. However, having this access is a huge plus to getting a pup sooner rather that later. And being raised by a person that does the same sports and often likes the same dogs I do. We shall see. I'm actually not worried or over thinking it. I'm definitely interested, but you just never know.

ETA: I guess I'm about where you are in outlook Kastle will be 2 in May and well on his way training for everything I want to do with him so I could consider a 2nd Schutzhund dog. Especially since we now have places to train. I would love to know what litter you are looking at, curiosity only.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Lord Cynical

Quote:

I think this is a very good piece of advice.

Two years ago I would have murdered to keep one of Kaylee's puppies. I still have pangs of disappointment that I missed out on one of her puppies, but they're all in good homes... and I have Poison now. So it all worked out.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)