Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Their excess of size alone is a healthy deterrent to be aware of. While you can fine smaller dutch they commonly boast size as an advantage.

I will agree most dutch I know are very malinois like, often because they're so interbred. LOL I often hear the pros of being a bit less frantic and a bit more of thinkers are offset with their sheer strength and at times willful behavior.
This is something I forgot about, because Indy is perfectly Malinois sized. Her brother is a horse though, but I've heard her sister is smaller than her. Most of the ones I've met have been not exactly enormous, but sizable. They don't seem to be quite as "pocket rocket" sized as some of the Belgians can be. And yeah, most of them are quite beefy. I've seen more refined looking dogs online, and Indy is particularly refined looking to me. Some of them can be coarse looking dogs, though I'm sure that's more to do with lines than overall Dutchie-ness.

I can't really comment on the frantic-ness, because I don't think I've ever met more than a couple Mals in real life, and they were no touch police dogs, but from online reports, Indy is not nearly as frantic as some Mals.

And yes, she is, at times, frustratingly willful.