Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I worked under a groomer for a summer when I was in HS for summer money & learned to do "basic cuts" like your Lucy & most bichons have & even some poodles have.

I not cut all my own dogs so I can do it how I want but you are nicer then me ... If I would have gotten that reaction I would have just scooped my dog up & taken her somewhere else.
I wish we would have just walked out! I never have it in me to do that. Actually, my first clue should have been when I gave the front desk guy her leash, Lucy put the brakes on and didn't want to go with him, so he proceeded to literally drag her across the floor... she is a 10lb dog, seriously can't you just carry her instead....

It would be sooo much easier if I had any idea how to groom a dog!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

This is why I bought my own stuff, I want Bristol in the pantaloon cut, with a top knot, not shaved down liked 99.09999% of other Shih tzus! And diesel, well diesel every time he was groomed they shaved him naked.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Ugh I had a job doing that & I would rather be hung from a tree on horse back then do that kind of work again ... I really respect those who can, it's not an easy job.
I've done it before and it wasn't any big deal. I like that I don't have to talk to anyone and as long as I work hard and do my job there's no drama. Plus I'm hoping for a night shift so I can be with my kids in the day.

The job market is so saturated with people right now though. I've had tons of jobs in the past doing nanny jobs and working in daycares and preschools. They didn't require any degrees before. Now daycares are asking for you to have a 2 year ECE degree, along with a boat load of other certs for a minimum wage job. I have all the other certs. I am NOT paying for another two years of school so I can get a minimum wage job. Lame.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
I've done it before and it wasn't any big deal. I like that I don't have to talk to anyone and as long as I work hard and do my job there's no drama. Plus I'm hoping for a night shift so I can be with my kids in the day.

The job market is so saturated with people right now though. I've had tons of jobs in the past doing nanny jobs and working in daycares and preschools. They didn't require any degrees before. Now daycares are asking for you to have a 2 year ECE degree, along with a boat load of other certs for a minimum wage job. I have all the other certs. I am NOT paying for another two years of school so I can get a minimum wage job. Lame.
It is really tough out there. =< My mom has her ECE degree but she got it eons ago and did daycare in her home for over 20 years. Is that a possibility for you? My mom liked it because it let her work with kids and let her be home with her OWN kids too. You might look into it? It doesn't pay big bucks but it might do the job. If you have some kind of childcare resource service around you, try and get hooked up - they'll forward people your way if you have openings and everything. And if you have other certs you can probably be a licensed provider (what my mom was) and that is a perk for potential families...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
It is really tough out there. =< My mom has her ECE degree but she got it eons ago and did daycare in her home for over 20 years. Is that a possibility for you? My mom liked it because it let her work with kids and let her be home with her OWN kids too. You might look into it? It doesn't pay big bucks but it might do the job. If you have some kind of childcare resource service around you, try and get hooked up - they'll forward people your way if you have openings and everything. And if you have other certs you can probably be a licensed provider (what my mom was) and that is a perk for potential families...
It's a good idea, sadly our state has draconian licensing requirements. Plus I'm living with my parents right now. They might be open to one or two kids as a nanny situation, but probably no more than that. Looking into families that want a nanny in their home because I've done a lot of that, but it seems like every stay at home mom in the area is desperate for a job like that and is way undercutting everyone (like charging $25 for a full 10 hour day).

I worked for a lady that had an in home daycare and one of the rules is you have to have a 5 foot fence all around the play yard. Well, the inspector dropped in one fall morning. The kids were playing outside and making a leaf pile in the corner to jump in. So she measured the fence height all the way around and when she came to the leaf pile it came up 4 and a half feet. My boss got a $2000 fine. She got hit with two other ridiculous things during that visit for a total of $6000. She appealed, they said no, and it nearly put her out of business. That's when she decided to sell her house, move to India, and do relief work with orphans instead.

When I get my own house/property, I plan to open a very small dog boarding facility (like 10 or less dogs). The liability is so much lower if someone gets injured, insurance is way less, licensing requirements are a lot less strict, and if you're charging $25 or so per night that's $250 a day with a full kennel. Plus my kids could still be at home with me.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm All Ears

Monday morning suckiness. In for a sucky week too. Blah.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Monday. Boo.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I let Whiskey sleep with me last night. He spent a good part of the night randomly kneading me with his paws and now I actually have a couple bruises from then since I wouldn't wake up right away when he'd start doing it. He also would randomly start rubbing his head on my face when I was trying to sleep.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

If you send me an email at work that just says, "4 MONTH OLD MALTIPOO NAMED CODY," I don't really know what to write back, or what the hell you're talking about. Do you need info? Are you interested in one of our services, or are you simply shouting the name, age, and "breed" of your dog via the internet?

Idiot.

God I'm crabby today... and it's only 9:30 am. Sigh.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
such sights to show you

Maybe Cody sent the email and it's all he knows, like a toddler who can just repeat their name and phone number?